Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how many people had to add coolant after burping the new way. And if so how much?? Didnt get time to do mine yet.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I did it last Sunday the way it was first described, did not have to add any. Tonight I did it the way Rob suggested, still did not have to add, I also checked to make sure the whole heat exchanger under the seat was warm. I guess I am good to go!

·
Premium Member
10,637 Posts
we haven't had to add any to the sleds either....It must be a small air bubble. or limited to only a few sleds.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I also did the burping thing and never had to add a drop, all checked out fine. The only problems mine has is the recoil and my F7 decal on one side is badly misaligned. I'm starting to think all the problems people are talking about on here are just on a few machines and being told over and over.

·
Registered
9 Posts
hi guys . i spoke to my dealer yesterday he said that the coolant tank problem was flashing from the molds where the hoses connect. this was only on certain modles these are sleds that should be burped. so check with your dealer.

·
Administrator
20,835 Posts
Whew ... glad to hear you guys posting this stuff. I burped mine last night before loading it on the trailer for the trip this weekend. I ended up doing it twice because I didn't have to add any coolant. You guys sure make me feel a lot more confident now ... THANKS!!!

I did speak with my dealer yesterday, and he said it's really only a handful of models that will run into the air pocket issue. He recommended carrying a small bottle of pre-mixed coolant (his idea was a used drinking water bottle), and if you see your high temp light come on ... stop, let the engine cool, and add the coolant if necessary. My question on that is .... where the heck do you carry the bottle? There's no room in the back compartment.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Labonte snow will get you how. Just put some in your resivore. In emergancy.

Me My colant was down 1 inch or 2 before I took it down to get the colant jug fixed. My dealer is burping it for me and then I`m burping it when I get home.

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Originally posted by LabonteF7@Dec 5 2002, 09:09 AM
Whew ... glad to hear you guys posting this stuff. I burped mine last night before loading it on the trailer for the trip this weekend. I ended up doing it twice because I didn't have to add any coolant. You guys sure make me feel a lot more confident now ... THANKS!!!

I did speak with my dealer yesterday, and he said it's really only a handful of models that will run into the air pocket issue. He recommended carrying a small bottle of pre-mixed coolant (his idea was a used drinking water bottle), and if you see your high temp light come on ... stop, let the engine cool, and add the coolant if necessary. My question on that is .... where the heck do you carry the bottle? There's no room in the back compartment.
Cat forgot to add the "extra coolant bottle" compartment too!

G

·
0 Posts
The coolant bottle can be attached right next to those invisible spare spark plug holders !

·
Registered
562 Posts
I second that comment on the spark plug holder, really how much more weight does it add and what? It cost about .50 cents. Other than the nit picking, so far so good on the sled.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Burped mine on Tuesday night the way D&D recommended and did not add any coolant. Last night I rode in marginal snow conditions for a couple of miles then pulled into the shop to feel the heat exchangers and the heads. Both felt the same. DId this several times and put on a bout 10 miles with no troubles. I guess I will keep doing this till it is broke in.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thats what i wanted to hear that most poeple dont need to add coolant. Got 25 mile on mine with no problems. Will burp mine on sat. before i ride just to be sure.

Thanks all

·
Registered
237 Posts
I burped mine 2 times and added water 2 times then put
on 33 miles and did it again like rob said and did not have
to add water.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts