Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally decided to pull the trigger on a 120 for the kids! My buddy's kids race them and we've watched several races.. my kids have been hounding me to get one (or several). When the WPSA changed the rules so you cannot race orange sleds, my buddy decided to sell it and get a pink one for his daughter. Soooo.. I decided to pick it up from him.

Ever since I got my 06 Crossfire 700SP, my son has been madly in love with the orange sled and it's been his favorite color ever since! lol he has sat on the orange 120 several times and always comments on how it matches mine. lol

So Xmas morning, I put it in the garage and asked my son to go throw his diaper away in the garage. Off he went with me following behind with the camera. He opened the door and the look on his face was priceless! he INSTANTLY noticed it, even with the garage lights off and in a PANIC tried to turn the light on. He nearly started crying because he couldn't get it on fast enough! I helped him out and he was VERY excited! He put on his coat and went out and sat on it.

We loaded it on the trailer and brought it up north to my wife's parents and let the kids ride it out on the lake with my kid's cousins. They also got a pair of 120s for xmas. The kids had a GREAT time! While my son wasn't too eager to drive it yet, he was VERY excited to ride with his sisters on it.. I'm hoping to get him driving it soon!

My daughters loved riding around on it.. especially my 6yr old.. she is fearless! she spent a couple days racing her cousin on the lake (older sister and cousin went to camp) and they had NO qualms about catching air on some jumps I built.. asking for them to be bigger! it was alot of fun and now she wants to race!

here's a few pics of the trip and xmas day. :)

My son desperately trying to get the light on to see the new sled!

Sitting on the new toy! Happy camper!

kids riding together

my 6yr old daredevil!

the 6yr old daredevil cousin!

going for a ride on a short section of freshly groomed trail :)

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Great shots and I also love the trail shot. we tried that for the first time this year also, just don't want the ticket for it if we get caught.

·
Registered
423 Posts
that's awesome. my son is 2.5 now, so i'm hoping next season to have him on a sled. we went for our first ride x-mas week, and at first he was a little confussed, but then he was all about it and wanted to keep going. it's awesome, i can't wait till he has his own!

·
Doesn't play well with other
5,450 Posts
Just wondering why they cant be orange?[/b]

Back in 98 or 99 ISR changed the orange rule to state that no sled could be raced that was orange or had a majority of orange accessories. This was so racers wouldn't get confused if they saw a orange sled tumbling in front of them and then the driver would have to decide was that a sled ? or was that the driver with a orange helmet and vest ?

F&F

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Back in 98 or 99 ISR changed the orange rule to state that no sled could be raced that was orange or had a majority of orange accessories. This was so racers wouldn't get confused if they saw a orange sled tumbling in front of them and then the driver would have to decide was that a sled ? or was that the driver with a orange helmet and vest ?

F&F[/b]
Ahhh Makes sense thanks

Bump it up for the kids!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replies! :)

It's been a blast so far.. It's something that I never got to experience as a kid (my dad always talked about getting sleds or ATVs but never did). Since we can still ride from our house to the trails fairly easily in our development, We decided to give sleds a try.. with a REAL winter so far, it's been awesome!

That trail shot is actually on the road by my Inlaw's lake place just before entering the trail. There's a very short stretch of trail, maybe 1/4 mile between their house and a road. Groomer came through and it was nice and smooth for them. They were very excited to get on a REAL trail! :)

here's a few more pics from the trip up north.. these were taken day after Xmas when my wife and I hit the trails.. it was snowing like crazy and we were the first ones out there. It was so smooth I wonder if we were the first ones out all year! lol

·
Registered
318 Posts
Welcome. I have as much fun watching my kids ride as I do riding.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts