Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are variables, but how often are you rebuilding your shocks? # of Miles/each season?? Thanks...Marc

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Marc,
my '02 standard ZR, I was at best getting 200 miles before the rear shocks went south. Had them rebuilt a few times and also replaced with new. One good hit and the rear suspension would start riding harsh. Would not come back the next day. Rebuild or replace the shocks and it would be fine again for a short time. When right, the sled rode fantastic. Some say stiffer springs cures problem, less continual shock movement. I am currently having an M-10 installed, will give a report when I try it.
mike

·
Premium Member
3,765 Posts
i had mine rebuilt on the zert at 2800-mi,
the rebuilder told me they looked like they
would have gone another 1000-mi,
i guess i was one of the lucky one's. B)

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
'02 ZR800 CCE, 680 miles, had all shocks rebuilt but found they were all in good condition and may have gone considerably longer. I'll likely run the fronts for two seasons now that I have a benchmark. The rear skid shock will likely get early attention as it has to deal with my 285# load. I've updated to stronger rear springs for this coming season. I did have the '02 rear end sag but can only blame it on baffed stock springs at this point.

·
Premium Member
12,779 Posts
I just had both skid shocks serviced along with new 1604-194/195 rear springs. All seemed well for the first 40-50 miles then one bump its good and the next its riding like a stone again.
AC has been promising an update on the rear shock/springs for several weeks now but have yet to actually release anything.
After my first ride, the all too familiar rear end sag has also returned.
Rick.

·
Registered
636 Posts
my2001 LE ACT's worked well except for my remote adjust front shock in the rear suspension was rebuilt a few extra times. the shocks normally go about 2000 miles.

·
Registered
978 Posts
i rbuild mine everyyear the remote adjuster used to be 2 times a season, but we got rid of that and mad it a regular remote shock

·
Registered
754 Posts
i rebuiled my shocks after 500 miles since i hade the rear skid out i added a few other items,like lennco limiter stop, rear steel shaft in the back wheels, rear front spring from stock 190lbs to a polaris 225 lbs and a 1-1/4 track with 130 lbs front ski shock springs.
sno_pro_500

1 - 9 of 9 Posts