Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey folks,

there was a bit of a nasty spill on the trails near woodridge today where a guy strayed off the beaten path, and got real cozy with a few trees. kudos to all the riders who stopped to offer assistance and helped out.

if you have an update on the condition of the rider, please post it and let us know.

thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i guess the best answer is - we don't know....and thus my post....

we got an ambulance in close to the trails, shuttled paramedics in, and then got him out on a backboard attached to a tobaggan on a sled. hope he's doing well. we're all just wondering......

·
Registered
226 Posts
I've attended my share of snowmobile accidents in the Lac Du Bonnet area. Snowmobile accidents increase in numbers by a rate of about 2 a year in our area. It's a trend I'd rather see go down in numbers. Stay safe everyone, keep your heads up.

Neil

·
Registered
729 Posts
Yea I've seen enough accidents as well, if an ambulance was called then thats bad enough. Hope he's ok or recovering fine. I was riding in La Broq yesterday and I heard nothing about it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
basically the guy went into a corner too fast, looked up and he said he saw nothing but glaring sun - and cursed every scratch in his visor. in an instant his machine ended up in the trees, and he took a hard blow to the chest. not the most experienced of riders from what i gather, but it can happen to anyone...

·
Registered
757 Posts
I hope he is doing ok.With the amount of power that sleds have today it is very easy to out ride the safe envelope of the trail that you are on. Sleds dont stop on a dime and its usually to hard to resist the the feeling of acceleration when you open her up. That combo can very easy get a rider in trouble. Ride within your ability and ride safe everyone!!!
To the rider that had the accident......get well soon and be safe next ride.

·
Registered
663 Posts
hope he is okay, glad to hear about all the helpful people!!!! :beerchug:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
here is the only update that i could find

Hi Rob,

I just heard back from the Sprague RCMP Detachment. There had been no follow-up in regards to the condition of the male involved in the accident because the condition was non-life threatening. They informed me that they had not been notified of any further information in regards to his condition.

Hope this helps,
Corwyn

[email protected]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.