Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just wondering how much power the Arctic Cat temperature guage and heated shield draw while both are working. I see in the performance manual that if you draw more than 4 amps extra the computer will go into limp mode. If I run with the guage, shield and handwarmers on high would it be enough to make this happen? How can I test to see how much power the above are drawing?

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The reason I'm asking is on the weekend a few of us went for a ride and the distance between the two towns should have been approx 105 miles. When I got home everyone else had about this milage on their trip meter, mine said 80.6 miles. I was wondering if the accessories drew enough power that the tach would cut in and out, causing it to not read for periods of time, although I never noticed the guage reset at any point on the trail. Any theories?

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe to a point, I believe they were usually off by approx 10% and more so at higher speeds. I can't see them being off by 25 miles when it was all trail riding at roughly 30-50 mph :huh:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts