Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my touring makes a grinding noise only when i give it throttle, even whne its going down hill or up hill when not hitting the throttle its fine but as soon as i hit the throttle i hear a bit of a grinding nosie. Would it be the turbo? I dont think it is the drive shaft as i tried listing to the chain case while up in the air and had 650lbs on it and it still runs fine and speedo works???

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How hard is it to take apart the chain case? heard that irt is not easy? might try doing the drive shaft bearing and see if that is it first before I open it up. Is there a grease zert?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Chaincase is easy to tear down pain in the backside to assemble. We have 6 FST in our group I have done the upper bearing on all of them. If you tear into it and need to replace the bearing be sure have a 90 degree c-ring pliers at minimum .090.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok i might just do the drive bearing as it sounds like it is that side, if it continues i wil do the tear down

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Chaincase is easy to tear down pain in the backside to assemble. We have 6 FST in our group I have done the upper bearing on all of them. If you tear into it and need to replace the bearing be sure have a 90 degree c-ring pliers at minimum .090.
it only has 3500km on it so i cant see the jack shaft bearing go already but you never know, maybe i should just do it all and be done with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts