Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 30yrs on the same brand I will be buying my first cat(T660) and I have some questions. What is the difference between the act drive + driven clutches vs artic rpm sensing + arctic roller cam? Are they interchangable? Whats the difference aws V vs aws V1? How bout fastrack long travel system slide rail with coupling blocks vs no coupling blocks? And (just outa curiousity) blow molded plastic vs plastic? Thanks. Btw, if your up in the air about the performance of the T660 don''t be. I drove one and was very impressed, a little heavy in the front but I think that can be fixed. I did 4500mi on 800xcsp this year and expected a huge difference in power on the T660, there was a difference but not even close to what I expected.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
the clutches not sure but i dont think there is much difference maybe one if the 9 tower primary and the other is the new 6 tower . Aws 5 is on the older zr chassis and the aws6 is on the firecats and sabercats diff is the top a arm and also shock spring combo the upper a-arm is behind the shock arm where the aws5 is on the center of the a-arm. One rear skid frame has couplers and one does not helps keep the skis down on the trails Polaris ,skidoo both have there own versions of the same system.skis blow molded are hollow in the middle where the plasic are a solid pice of plastic and are stronger. hope this helps

1 - 2 of 2 Posts