Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the Eagle River derby track last night,man was it cold.The temp was about 5 F and the wind was pretty steady.In the 440/500 lineup, Tucker was the only one on a Cat. There must have been 7 or 8 revs and a few Poos.Tucker pulled the holeshot and never looked back.He was flying.After the 10 laps were over Tucker was coming up on the 6th place guy.I'd say the competition was a good half a lap back from him!
In the Open Mod,Tucker had to start in the second row.The flag dropped,and he managed to place himself in third coming out of the first turn.One lap later Tucker was in first,after Levi took a nasty header coming through the woop section before the Dayco table top.This was my first Snocross to see in person.I've watched them race on tv many times,but you just dont appreciate the fact these guys RIDE.It's amazing to see a snowmobile hit that jump at 40 mph and just SOAR.These guys were 30-40 foot in the air and clearing 80 foot tabletops.In my riding group,I'm known as the crazy one,I like to jump.People think I'm nuts for jumping roads,but were talking like 8-10 foot in the air and MAYBE clearing 20-25 ft gaps.After we watched these guys airing it out,my buds think I should go bigger.I think I'll leave the 80 footers to the pros.If you guys haven't seen them race LIVE,your missing out on quite a show.I had a blast,got really cold,but it was worth it.I just wanted to relay the fact that Cat only had one entry in the finals for both 440 and OPEN MOD,and Tucker cleaned house,that mod sled breathes FIRE,what a rocket ship!! :D :D

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
Last weekend they had a sno-cross race at the Soo in the U.P. after the races, my friend and I got on to the track and rode a few laps. I was shocked how it was to ride. You had to do those jumps or end up on your nose. It was a blast !!!

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
i go to lake geneva every year for the grand finale, to watch hibbert takes the point championship, grand geneva resort is a nice place!! cats rule

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Originally posted by dave cat 7@Jan 18 2003, 09:58 AM
i go to lake geneva every year for the grand finale, to watch hibbert takes the point championship, grand geneva resort is a nice place!! cats rule
Hey me too! I have seen them in person 4 times. 3 times at Lake Geneva, and once that the Windy City Snocorss a couple years back. They only had that that one year. I will bee there at Lake Geneva this year! We should hook up Dave Cat7! Meet by the Nielsens tent or something!

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Originally posted by Nick+Jan 18 2003, 12:49 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-dave cat 7
@Jan 18 2003, 09:58 AM
i go to lake geneva every year for the grand finale, to watch hibbert takes the point championship, grand geneva resort is a nice place!!  cats rule
Hey me too! I have seen them in person 4 times. 3 times at Lake Geneva, and once that the Windy City Snocorss a couple years back. They only had that that one year. I will bee there at Lake Geneva this year! We should hook up Dave Cat7! Meet by the Nielsens tent or something![/b]
hey lets get a hardcoresledder meeting going at the geneva sno cross...i'll be there and so will skydog most likely....lets put it together.... :D

·
Registered
772 Posts
ull like it at the Dome...the Dome has the best track out of all the indoor units...and although they cant get the straight line speed for a long distance the jumps are bigger then like the Canturberry sno cross outdoors...indoor race is nice because its just The Pro's and Semi's and all OPEN sleds..no stock garbage slow sleds out there and no stupid junor 13-16 year old ...vet class blah blah blah...and this year again they will have the Braap guys doing freestyle and they have a funny vintage race...they can barely get up the hills.. :lol:

·
Registered
228 Posts
I'm Headind Down To Ballston Spa Tommorow For The Finals Of The Rock Maple Series Races . Can't Wait To See The Races In Person . Seen Them On TV Before But Never Live , Close Up To All The Action .

·
Registered
827 Posts
Originally posted by Distort@Jan 18 2003, 03:34 PM
I'll be heading to the Sno Cross in the Metrodome next weekend.. It will be the first sno cross that I've attented.
i'm going also,was there last year, what chief says is true they try to get the vintage sleds on the track they get stuck,real funny, and the freestyle is awesome,,mike

·
Registered
827 Posts
oh another thing,yes the traiter morgan was there,but no tucker,,bummer oh well,,and yammy (vincent) won it,,

·
Registered
168 Posts
Morgan was not at Eagle River. Will be at the MetroDome. Tucker skipped the Grand Forks race, even though it was closest race to his hometown.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
TUCKER THING THE INDOOR EVENTS ARE DANGEROUS AND SAID HE WASN'T PLANNING ON RIDING IN ANY THATS WHAT THE RACE DIRECTOR HAD SAID

·
Registered
248 Posts
Hey redF5sp I was there also. I was a little warmer, had passes for the Arctic Cat sky box. Was there for the Friday night thunder. AC people were great, food provided. Tucker and Kirk Hibbard came in for food so I seized the opportunityand got autographs and a picture of Tucker and my son! I'm sure his mouth has not stopped yet at school. Races were great with the only disappointment being that Blair was not there to get his as- kicked by mean green. Hey, take care and remember, " If it aint a CAT its a DOG." ^_^

·
Registered
211 Posts
Do you guys know if there are any pro sno-cross events in New England? I go to lots of the MX nationals and supercross events but never have seen a snocross.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts