Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
man is it just me or what . We all know about the recalls. I put 275 miles on my sled no problem . put it in the shop 3days all the recalls done 1500 miles now . Only problem this FN thang is fast .For me this is best dam sled ever out of the box. point is ac or my dealer never gave me a hard time .How could I ask for any thang more for this type of sled . Makes me wonder if people know what kind of sled there buying ..1st year dich banger . If you are not happy with your F7 you should have waited till next year .Now that being said with what I've learned from rob and some other sled vet's THANKS

D

·
0 Posts
There is something peculiar about a 40"n"over person using the word "thang" LOL

·
Registered
46 Posts
Very well put, I do agree since this is a first year sled you need to make sure you keep in touch with whats going on. Only beef I have is the dealers are not really good about informing owners... This sled is just what I wanted for my 40th birthday....LOL

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I agree that the dealers could work a little harder keeping us up to date. Seems like there is either a communication problem from cat to the dealer or from the dealer to us or maybe both?

T

·
0 Posts
You guys don't expect too much out of a first year sled do you? I'm not aware of any recalls yet on the RX1.... Not saying thier won't be but it's holding up a hell of a lot better then the Firecats. No bolts falling out of that first year sled. There's no question the F7 is an amazing ride. Too bad it's got so many first year bugs.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Tom,

Light weight performance wasn't an issue on the RX1, so they could build and double build the structure.
Also, the RX1 is not a ditch banger so I would have to assume it is not getting put through the paces that the Firecats are.

Kevin

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by Tom@Jan 13 2003, 05:18 PM
You guys don't expect too much out of a first year sled do you? I'm not aware of any recalls yet on the RX1.... Not saying thier won't be but it's holding up a hell of a lot better then the Firecats. No bolts falling out of that first year sled. There's no question the F7 is an amazing ride. Too bad it's got so many first year bugs.
Tom, I appreciate your input, but no where in this thread was the RX-1 mentioned, so why do you bring it up now?

This is a board for Firecat owners trying to iron out their problems, not for Yamaha and ski-doo owners to get in their digs. If you continue to try and stir up shit you will be banned from this board. Fair warning.........

T

·
0 Posts
I'd disagree. Yamaha had to do every thing they could to get weight down on this sled to make up for the heavy 4 stroke motor. The chassis is even lighter then the Vipers. My brother in law uses his as a ditch banger with no problems. All the bolts are long enough to engage with the nylon lockers too. hehe

·
Registered
696 Posts
Tom, the RX-1 is an excellent machine, advanced in its technology, pretty damn fast, and its even blue. But it is NOT a ditch machine, no matter what your brother-in-law does. :wacko:

Holy shit Rob! That was FAST!!! (or else I'm a slow typist!)

·
Registered
861 Posts
Self-Censorship...........................................gotta love it.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
772 Posts
see what i mean rob??? ur monster has started to turn into a AMSNOW ...bashing now ... but this is a reason i like this fourm a lot better then any other...the administrator is ONE OF US and is on all the time...and he has the POWER to tell yah...see yah later!!! u da man!! B)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Rob,
Not that I trying to protect Tom or anything but I dont think he got your warning before he posted his second response. If you look at the times of the posts..
I agree with you about this not being a forum for Ski-Doo or Yami's to come and bash, and that is what I like best about this site. Hopefully we can keep it this way.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by Rozzi@Jan 13 2003, 06:27 PM
Rob,
Not that I trying to protect Tom or anything but I dont think he got your warning before he posted his second response. If you look at the times of the posts..
I agree with you about this not being a forum for Ski-Doo or Yami's to come and bash, and that is what I like best about this site. Hopefully we can keep it this way.
you are correct, but I waited about 7 minutes before I banned him, and that was enough time for him to delete his own post, or post a correction, or whatever. I know Tom, and he owns Yams and Doos, and is a nice guy.. I've even met him in person. But he should know the rules here, and that is: this is a firecat board, for firecat owners and others seriously interested in subjects related to Firecats. Bashing for the sake of bashing won't be tolerated. As I told him in an email after I banned him, I want Cat owners to feel comfortable in posting their problems, without being afraid that some dope with a Poo, Doo, or Yam is going to get in a dig. Beyond that, pretty much anything goes. It's a free board without ads. Owners of other brand sleds are welcome, but they need to refrain from bashing while they are here. There are plenty of other sled forums for that.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
WoW...I wish Rob worked for our Government. We'd start throwing all kinds of shit out! hehe!

He's just pissed he's got a lunker! Wouldn't be so bad if he was bash fishing, but I don't see no BOATS out here!! :p

1 - 20 of 28 Posts