Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm attempting to install AC Acerbis handguards on a '04 F7 using the AC mounting bracket. How and the heck do you get the left side to clear the brake lever?
Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
407 Posts
I'm attempting to install AC Acerbis handguards on a '04 F7 using the AC mounting bracket. How and the heck do you get the left side to clear the brake lever?
Thanks,
Matt[/b]
I have a set of Acerbis on my 03 F5, how far into the installation are you? I can take pictues and help u out if I know the steps you've gone through, maybe you missed something.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a set of Acerbis on my 03 F5, how far into the installation are you? I can take pictues and help u out if I know the steps you've gone through, maybe you missed something.[/b]
I don't believe I'm missing any hardware. My problem is when I mount the left side I can't push the brake lever forward to engage/disengage the high beams.

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
345 Posts
Thanks so much for the pic. I'll give it a try tonight.
Matt[/b]
So I as well installed a set last nite and all went smooth and I installed exactly how it should in the pic and I never thought to check my high beams so I checked 5 mins ago and I have the same DAMN problem. It hits the guard and I can make it work anyway that I move the guard.....WTF??

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
do you have the same mounts and guards as the ones that i have that are posted in the picture??

On mine, the brake lever has plenty of room to switch the lights, and that groove in the middle of the guard helps even more.. Not sure why you guys have a problem.. These worked on my stock bars, and the fly bars they are on now.. Make sure the mount is basically sitting right on the brake lever mount.

It works..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts