Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I can't believe it, it seems that I won a couple of nights stay in a hotel and tickets to the November trade show for filling out the survey regarding trail pass/registration combination. I think I may be able to make it, although I am usually pretty busy with sleds in November. I know the wife wants to buy new gear for herself this winter. First time I have ever won anything.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Congrats,
If for some reason you need to get rid of those tickets send me a PM. Also it is good to see another person from Saskatchewan from around here.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Lucky Stiff!!!

Hopefully there will be snow by then!!! Maybe I can take the sleds down there and catch a ride!!!!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys.....

Well if there is snow, I may have to ride instead of going. I have to take the time when I can after the poor showing I had last year. Sad thing is there were good conditions around here. I told the wife I am planning to take a few days off of work so we can just ride around home here when the kids are in school. That way our weekends will still be free.

On a side note, looks like that $50 was adopted by SSA. Well, at least I had my say. :banghead:

http://www.sasksnowmobiling.sk.ca/pdf/trai...5%20Minutes.pdf

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Just because the SSA says so doesn't mean it will happen. Remember that now they have to get SGI to administer. Imagine the cost they will charge for that!!!!

I agreed with it though as I was getting very pissed at the usage of the trail system by non permitted sleds. If they did not do something we were going to lose the system. Volunteers are getting burnt out and angry.

Time will tell.

In the mean time let's hope all this rain is a good omen!!!!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is true,
However b/c it was adopted by SSA, our voice as snowmobilers has been heard. I guess I and the people who think like me lost the vote.
The non-permitted usage is a problem, although this wil just mean those people will not buy plates. You can't make honest people out of theives.

I sure hope we get a bunch of snow.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Well, like you said. The voice of the SSA was heard. This does not mean regular sledders. But they really have you by the shorts now. If you do not get registered you are not eligible for any insurance. At least that is what my brokers told me the last 4 years.

My problem has and always will be WHY even register with SGI. The fee is huge for no service or insurance.

If we ever meet on the trail or in a field perhaps we should go have a beer and debate.

Until then!!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well Joe, such is life. I know that I am finished supporting the SSA. I won't pay membership dues to something that I feel is ruining the sport for us. I guess I'm stuck on the trail pass if it ends up with registration.

I hear you on the insurance thing though. All I have is liability with the plates through SGI (costs about $50 a sled for plates). I was going to look at getting liability with the company that insures my house. I know I have liability for my quad (required when I am in Manitoba) through them. As for loss, well, I am always careful where I ride. I have yet to total a sled, so I am actually money to the good on that one so far.

As for going for a beer, sounds good.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Originally posted by greezemonkey@Aug 24 2005, 08:23 AM
Well, I can't believe it, it seems that I won a couple of nights stay in a hotel and tickets to the November trade show for filling out the survey regarding trail pass/registration combination. I think I may be able to make it, although I am usually pretty busy with sleds in November. I know the wife wants to buy new gear for herself this winter. First time I have ever won anything.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=845846
[/quote]

Well congrats Mr. Lee of Esterhazy. Hey wasn't it me who brought up the trail closure thing and suggested everyone send in that form? You're welcome. ;-) Maybe they didn't actually read them and yours was lumped in with all as being in support of the trail permits. :augen41: Just teasing man. :div20: I hope you go and enjoy the show. Nothing will change for this year for sure.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I too think that if they made you pay 50.00 or so when you buy plates would hopefully help the clubs so they can groom the trails, I owuld pay 100.00 extra just to have good trails to ride..In regina area last yr, The Last mountain club only groomed from regina to regina baech a few times and it was really bad, however the Calling Lakes clubs did very well at keeping their trails in goos shape. As well i think that if everyone had to buy plates with the added 50.00 and if found without a plate the fine should be huge (500.00 at least then maybe people will by a plate. Ot one better..no plate..impound the sled. And make sure the cops check the sleds or give the clubs the right to issue tickets and impound the sled.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am not going to go into this whole can of worms again, just don't be suprised when we are so tightly regulated we can't even fart.
Some people like trails, some do not. non trail riders should not have to pay for something they do not use.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by 94ZR580@Aug 29 2005, 03:39 PM
Well congrats Mr. Lee of Esterhazy. Hey wasn't it me who brought up the trail closure thing and suggested everyone send in that form? You're welcome. ;-) Maybe they didn't actually read them and yours was lumped in with all as being in support of the trail permits. :augen41:  Just teasing man. :div20:  I hope you go and enjoy the show. Nothing will change for this year for sure.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=852240
[/quote]

Thanks,
I know nothing will change. I doubt it will ever change. if I am not too busy, I will go and see the show, but with the added cost of fuel this year, I am getting more bookings than usual for pre-seasons. I guess I am not charging enough lol lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts