Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have decided to possibly buy a black magic woop-ass kit. What do you guys know about this thing, and is it worth the money or not. I lioke the idea of being able to pipe later, cuz I"m on a budget. The kit is 950.00, then the labor. How many ponies will I gain? And it says it's clutched for low altitude so I would Have to request a high altitude clutch kit. Will the head really help out with the reeds and the timing key and the clutch kit working as one? Would you guys recommend a differant kit. I am an agressive trail rider. I like to play alot. I dont want to lose alot of my topend but still want to gain better low end. Any help would be appreciated. As I am going to spend alot of money, hopefully wont be dissapointed. Thanks guys f-7 junkie :banana:

·
Banned
14,035 Posts
I dont know about the package, but reeds, reed spacers, a timing key, and head wont add much more than 5 hp, and you will have to run high test If you are gonna spend that much, I would just go for it, and get an F8 kit

Krom

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
I haven't bought anything from BM for a couple years because I've never had any luck with anything from them,but I can highly recomend Bikemans products,my f-8 kit was bullet-proof last winter and I couldn't have been happier with the performance!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,219 Posts
my buddy has a f-8 kit for sale there is a post on here about it under cniese he wants to get rid of it really bad just make him a offer here is the post

A friend of mine doesn't have a computer so i'm putting this on for him. His name is Steve and his phone # is 419 796 9185. Call him for the more information. What i do know is. He just bought a sled from a member on here (XCB) it was his 2004 Arctic Cat Firecat Fighterpilot F7/F8. It was a APC F8 kit that was reworked by Carl Galloway in Michigan. (Carl is a engine builder and has a dyno) that is about all i know about Carl but i hear he is highly recommended. This kit is in perfect shape comes with 2 cylinders,head,power valves,pistons (Polaris). I believe that is it. The kit has about 900 miles on it.
He didn't want the F8 kit wanted to put it back to stock. Parts are ready to be shipped. I can probably email some pictures if requested. You keep your stock parts. Kit made 158 HP on dyno last year. Steve only just had to have the Fighterpilot version is why he bought this sled. He will let somebody have a great price on a complete F8 kit. $1200 or offer. Call him for details. 419 796 9185 (Steve) Don't be afraid to make offer. Thanks

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
i wouldnt buy any black magic products for the firecat...

I dont think they have worked that much or even that hard on the new firecat platform...

But if you were buying this for a zr....then black magic is one of the best for the zr platforms...

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Must say the Black F-8 here has been running two seasons with eye opening results.
Top end will run as hard as another kit out there and then some,we didn`t hook last year but I would like to run my D.D. stuff against this year ,just as a measuring tool.
Cape Breton Stock...............

·
Premium Member
5,219 Posts
well last yr on my 03 f7 i had D&D setup and my buddy had bm on his 04 f6 sp his ran better than mine did mine still ran good at around 30 we would take off and would be side by side till 80 as for a dead stop on ice rd or grass i would get him all the way but in the mid range it was all i could handle so i switched to bm pipe and ods ck for this yr so we will see---D&D just didnt work for my sled maybe it will for someone elses

·
Registered
170 Posts
I want an F8 kit? WHich one do I get? D&D or Bikeman? CJT what kinda bikeman F8 kit did u get? the race or trail? what kinda pipes?

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
never used the D&D kit ,I tryed to get some tech. support from them a couple of years ago with a pipe and clutch kit I got from them but after they got my money nobody seamed very interested in helping me so it left a bad tast in my mouth and I haven't looked back! I went to Bikeman on a recomendation and ended up putting motors together for him last winter and have been so impressed with him,his guys,and his product I can't help but to endorse his products so that is were my money will be going!! If interested I will be selling my F-8 top end,head cylinders,pistons,and exhaust valves. this spring I had the cylinders replated and have brand new pistons and rings, 0 miles on all( did it just because Erich did it for me for trimming out his house never had any problems)I'm going to put in the BMP F-9 kit and that uses new cylinders.

·
Registered
170 Posts
How much HP's is ur F8 puttin out? cause there was 2 F8 kits at Bikeman? i know its a top end kit, how fast u get it goin? did u get better bottom end?

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
well after LOTS of testing on the lake with clutching gears etc... with the 1/2 "track
and picks it can do 115-117 in 1200 ft.and have seen 125 several times and 127 twice on the gun and speedo. with the pipe mod and timing key I'm around 163-165hp. and it's a HUGE difference compared to a stock or modified F-7 my kit has trail porting not lake race porting.

·
Registered
170 Posts
What kinda pipes should I get 4 it?? What do power valves do exactly???? does a not stock can hurt ur sled at all??? is it safe 2 change the can whenever?? like go 2 stock then the other whenever???

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
I like the stock pipe mod but I also just bought SLP twin pipes to try this year but they give up that stealth sound,with the single no one can tell it's a 800!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts