Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just wondering if anyone has goven one a test ride? Me and all my riding buddies all ride cats so i've only sat on one at the snow show. At the time all i thought was my knees are laying on the hood and i was sitting real high up and could not believe it would be good int he corners with such a high C.G. You cant get a straight answer out of a ski-doo site of course they all say it will out handle any thing with ski's, but i'm not so sure.

·
Registered
863 Posts
i agree with 900 sp, they do handle well, but the zr handles better, i drove one last year when they were going dealer to dealer with them, but maybe 70 miles on it myself and i was getting used to it, it was a 800 but my zr 800 seems to pull harder, but its somthing that i could get used to...all in all its not a bad sled i dont think.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I rode one a few weeks ago and it takes some getting used to (feels like you're going right over the bars).
I told the owner they finally made one that handles like a Cat. I like my zl better- not a big doo fan.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I rode one a demo at a dealer few weeks ago. I was impressed with the power and how it took bumps but I felt awkward turning with it. It's different and take some getting used to. I think if I rode it all day I would have been more impressed with it. I still don't care for the feel of skidoo's unresponsive braking.

·
Banned
5,933 Posts
i own both a big bore 800 zr and a rev. the rev will out ride and out corner the zr ,wheather its a smooth or rough trail. you just can`t get on a rev and drive it like a zr after you spend a few hundred miles on it you will see what it is capable of. it makes the zr feel like a antique. the seat is higher but the rest of the machine has a lower center of gravity than most. driver postion has alot to do on how it rides and handles. sit up on the tank and it rails around corners much better than my zr. i am not loyal to any company i don`t own stock in any of them. for me the rev is the best trail machine out there , but i do like the power of my ported 925. the hard torque pull makes me forget how fun the rev is to ride sometimes.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
When asked why REV's seem to always ride down the centre of the trail as if afraid to be close to the edge (even when meeting oncoming sleds) a REV owner and local suspension tuner advised that in stock form they do not turn at high speed due of limited ski pressure and in his opinion are downright dangerous. He removed the front skid shock and installed a Fox Dial-Adjust on his REV 800 and can now lift the front of the skid when required to add ski pressure and ride confidentely at speed.

·
Premium Member
12,779 Posts
Ya what Muskoka said, I know the owner of the Rev he's talking about. His claim is the sled is outright dangerous in a high speed sweeper but nothing short of an animal at carving in the rough stuff. The dial adjust gives it the best of both worlds. Sounds like a win win to me.

Rick.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts