Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before riding last weekend I heard one of the guys at the parts department from my dealer mention that my dealer sold 5 Sno-Pro 440 REV racers that all had engine problems.

He said, these particular sleds had something wrong with the cranks being "underlubricated". Something that was missed at the factory and it caused five 440 REVs to burn down.

He said one of their customers was on the sled when all of a sudden the motor went into "full throttle mode on it's own" . . . locking into full throttle and it flew into the woods without the rider. He didn't mention the fix that would happen to the burned down sleds. (I'm guessing they'll all get new motors.)

Guess it goes to show that AC isn't the only company to miss a few things here and there.

----

BTW: The only problem we found with our F7's over the weekend was my friend's sled lost a bolt in his snowflap.

·
Registered
773 Posts
A bulletin was sent out to racers about this problem & also the octane switch being wired incorrect.I think it was the waterpump that didnt get lubed at the factory & you had to pull engine to do the job.

A/C has also had some engine failures with there 440's this year.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
all the those 440's come punched to the max for racing, so the life of those motors will not be as long as atrail sled,
heck cats new 440 is close to 100 h.p. WOW

·
Registered
65 Posts
Not to get negative about things but after having been down this road before, I view the f5 and f7 as a race sled and a 1st year sled also. Buy at your own risk..... Or wait a year till bugs are worked out, this is what I am doing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts