Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
am looking to plan a getaway for the wife and I...Once a season we try to go to someplace we havent ridden before and I think this year will be New Hampshire. Can anyone advise me of a reasonable place to stay with good trail access where the scenery is outstanding and there are good restaraunts close by? I know she wants a nice room so Im not looking cheap...I just hate to pay and not get what Im paying for. We will probably go during the week. Im not looking for too much am I? Its rare we can get away from the kids so I hate it when we do and its a bust. Also how much are out of state registrations and what are the insurance regs? Thanks in advance.
Bill

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
No insurance requirements for NH or Maine, right now up this way its only Vermont. Pittsburg is nice, but it is far. Lots of nice places in the White Mts. Speed limit is 45 in NH. Maine has no trail limit as of yet.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
GO all the way to Pittsburg for the best NH sledding and I'll give a recommendation to northwoods gatway for sure private cabin close to all Pittsburg ammenties. Mid week is stellar in this area.

·
Registered
23 Posts
A couple weeks ago my wife and I went and stayed at the Errol Motel nice clean place and freindly people that run it. also the trails in the area are great and well maintained I would highly recomend thats area and it is not far from Pittsburg and coleman State Park.

My 2 cents

Bruce

·
Premium Member
2,782 Posts
There are lots of places to stay in Pittsburg and probably the best source of info on lodging and the system would be, www.pittsburgridgerunners.org I would reccomend that you try to ride during the week, the quality of what you get and the lack of weeekend traffic make it a super value.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Originally posted by bill367@Sep 7 2005, 03:25 PM
Hi all,
        am looking to plan a getaway for the wife and I...Once a season we try to go to someplace we havent ridden before and I think this year will be New Hampshire. Can anyone advise me of a reasonable place to stay with good trail access where the scenery is outstanding and there are good restaraunts close by? I know she wants a nice room so Im not looking cheap...I just hate to pay and not get what Im paying for. We will probably go during the week. Im not looking for too much am I? Its rare we can get away from the kids so I hate it when we do and its a bust. Also how much are out of state registrations and what are the insurance regs? Thanks in advance.
                                                      Bill
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=864466
[/quote]

Hey bill if you come out to NH drop me a line.. I could take you on some very good tours of NH.. I know most of the trails like the back of my hand all the way to Pitts down to Twin.... Take a look at the gallery I have on my website for some pics of places I have been. If you want try Twin View Cottages. I rent for the whole winter there right on the trails that lead to some of the best secnery around. Wed, thurs,friday are the best riding in that area. If take off mid week and let me know ahead of time I can work out getting the days off. I don't mind being a tour guide either as I have done it time and again for people and 99% of them come back with cameras full of pics.

http://slednewengland.com/gallery/

Keep checking back on the site I am uploading pics as I type... :)

Oh ya for more pics check out my two movies
http://slednewengland.com/movies/

·
Registered
317 Posts
Go to Pittsburg!

Ramblewood Cabins

Tall Timber

Timberland Lodge

Lopstick Lodge

Partridge cabins

Each place has immediate trail access. Most are on the lake. Drop me an email if you want more info. I have stayed at all of them and know each cabin. It's all a matter of how much you want to spend.

[email protected]

Chris

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Ramblewood owner is president of the Pittsburg Ridge runners also love to stay with Gary at Spuce Cone Cabins. Good Luck

Jason

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
You guys are pointing this guy North which isn't the worst thing to do but the rest of the state has pretty good riding as well and you don't have to travel another 3 hours to get there. There is plenty of riding South of The Notches you know.

I would say to point him to all of the resources he can use and let him decide where to ride. Resource this website for most of your snowmobiling needs in NH.

www.nhsa.com

·
Registered
565 Posts
Bill it will all depend on where the snow is.What time in the season you want to go.I always make plans for at least one or two trips now to go.That way I know I will have a place to stay.I usally plan a trip to Pittsburg or Errol.I never been disappointed.They seem to always have snow. :fluffy: :fluffy: :div20:

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Hands down the most dependable snow is always north of the notches. If I were coming from more then a few hours away I would want to make sure the snow is going to be there, and that is northern Coos county. Hands down some of best ridng in state is the trails in coleman state park and on up into eastern and northern Pittsburg. A great palce not mentioned to stay would be Sportsmans Lodge on Big Diamond Pond in Stewartstown right in coleman state park. IMO the most dependable place snow wise to stay in the entire state.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
I live south of the notches and do most of my riding north of the notches. there are many great places to go and to stay at but being in a cabin in pittsburg during mid week is the best you will find. Ahhh pittsburg the largest town east of the mississippi. As long as you like your meals prepared with homemade style you'll be all set the closest Mcdonald's is at least an Hour away.

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
Originally posted by nhrev@Sep 13 2005, 10:20 PM
Hands down the most dependable snow is always north of the notches.  If I were coming from more then a few hours away I would want to make sure the snow is going to be there, and that is northern Coos county.  Hands down some of best ridng in state is the trails in coleman state park and on up into eastern and northern Pittsburg.  A great palce not mentioned to stay would be Sportsmans Lodge on Big Diamond Pond in Stewartstown right in coleman state park.  IMO the most dependable place snow wise to stay in the entire state.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=873839
[/quote]
you got that right , its the high elevation, was there once weekend before labor day doing some fishing, had been fishing mostkly the river. Went over to little diamond pond , pulled up to the boat ramp , and damn , there was still a 7 ft snowbank and solid ice, 3rd week of may

·
Registered
195 Posts
Originally posted by BAC@Sep 7 2005, 06:50 PM
A couple weeks ago my wife and I went and stayed at the Errol Motel nice clean place and freindly people that run it. also the trails in the area are great and well maintained I would highly recomend thats area and it is not far from Pittsburg and coleman State Park.

My 2 cents

Bruce
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=864712
[/quote]

Thanks for the plug Bruce, It's appreciated!
Think Snow!
Don :div20:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank You everyone...Next questions are where is the easiest place to register the sleds if we go into coos county and is there alot of ditch banging and powder or is it all mostly trails...I like to bang, my wife doesnt (I should probly rephrase that) also we have 3 sleds but may have a couple goin with us that hasnt ridden before. Do any of these places rent sleds? As always thanks for the support.
Bill

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Bill,

If you go to www.nhsa.com, that website has a lot of contact info for you including lodging, etc, etc...

Most of the snowmobile dealers in the North Country will sell you a pass. Depending on where exactly you're staying, there is usually a place that sells passes very close by.

The North country has a lot of both types of riding. The trails are usually excellently groomed and there are some spots where you can go off trail and boonbock. That's a lot of fun.

The website mentioned above also has a link to show you all of the possible rental places in NH. There are 17 rental places statewide, mostly up North.

I'd have to say, if you haven't booked a room or rooms yet, DO IT NOW! With the farmers almanac calling for a good winter, these North Country places fill up fast and with the weather getting colder, people are thinking riding..

Good luck and ride safe!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts