Hardcore Sledder banner
41 - 60 of 84 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
What is different about these?
It was the first trail 600 to get the new bodywork, the others didn't get it till 2018. They came with special Roger Skime graphics and a few accessories from the accessories catalog.
It has the QS 3 R shocks which are Kashima coated and have rebound adjusters, maybe an upgraded front bumper, green striped seat plus they only made around 450 of them I believe. 馃憤馃徏

Registered
It has the QS 3 R shocks which are Kashima coated and have rebound adjusters, maybe an upgraded front bumper, green striped seat plus they only made around 450 of them I believe. 馃憤馃徏
i hate road salt all it needed was someone to love it now you'll be buzy i've cleaned up worse sleds that's a collector sled

0010, member: 91273"]
View attachment 2133774 View attachment 2133775
[/QUOTE]

Registered
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
i hate road salt all it needed was someone to love it now you'll be buzy i've cleaned up worse sleds that's a collector sled

0010, member: 91273"]
View attachment 2133774 View attachment 2133775
[/QUOTE]
Yeah I was pretty disappointed when I saw it but at that point I was committed to buying it and like you say it鈥檚 a rare sled so the work will be worth it.馃憤馃徏馃嚭馃嚫

Registered
soo the full history was Roger Skime's 30th year/ retirement AC gave him Carte blanche to build a personalized sled, each engine was hand picked and he got to use what he felt were the best of parts for this sled and he put his name on it. i can Honestly say the sled is the smoothest running sled and rolls like a blu printed chassy. mine does exactly a 100 mph on glare ice and 92-95 on groomed trail. the only thing i did was put a bikeman clutch kit in with dalton weights and its got 2000 miles now on same belt and is like new, clutchs run stone cold.

Registered
soo the full history was Roger Skime's 30th year/ retirement AC gave him Carte blanche to build a personalized sled, each engine was hand picked and he got to use what he felt were the best of parts for this sled and he put his name on it. i can Honestly say the sled is the smoothest running sled and rolls like a blu printed chassy. mine does exactly a 100 mph on glare ice and 92-95 on groomed trail. the only thing i did was put a bikeman clutch kit in with dalton weights and its got 2000 miles now on same belt and is like new, clutchs run stone cold.
I don't know the entire history but I know that most of what you said is inaccurate lol. Roger Skime was with Cat since the early 60's, so this 2017 would have been more like 55 years with AC. The sled is essentially a 2018 ZR 6000 with kashima coated shocks, and limited production Roger Skime decals/seat/windshield.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
i thought they had ceramic coated exhaust from y pipe to muff, sad they dont even if it's a crappy job from factory.
The exhaust on mine looks pretty rough and truth be told after I pulled the panels and hood off I鈥檓 a bit shocked at the fit and finish of the wiring and other under hood pieces鈥 realize that the previous owners didn鈥檛 take good care of the sled but a lot of what I鈥檓 seeing is how it came off the line. My SB Assault is much better.馃し馃徎

Registered
i took my sled down to coat all plug ins and make sure i liked it my way not mass produced and cheak it every yr 7,500 miles never been down love my ez to service cats . you may soon. it's a labor of love and free time when your older . keeps them fingers busy so lucky to be able to enjoy snowmobiles .. i stuck 1000$ into that mint rr4000 i got just to pimp it more now i hate to use it Ha Ha Its Nice. we all waste money somehow normally . even when we say we don't .

Registered
I see your giving up ? there are a couple of decent 17 6000 rr's out there but they got little rust to . apparently not many summarize their babys one in tc looks gooder than one by chi town i wanted to buy that one with 1000 mi he said towed on open trailer once road salt sucks ham bone

Registered
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
I see your giving up ? there are a couple of decent 17 6000 rr's out there but they got little rust to . apparently not many summarize their babys one in tc looks gooder than one by chi town i wanted to buy that one with 1000 mi he said towed on open trailer once road salt sucks ham bone
We鈥檒l see鈥n the fence about selling it but I do have it listed a few places鈥.Leaning towards keeping it.馃憤馃徏馃嚭馃嚫
That 17 RR in TC does look good鈥nly downfall is the old bodywork.馃し馃徎

Registered
Why the 2nd thoughts on the RS?
Haven't even rode it yet and kicking it to curb?
A 5 year old sled will need some scrubbing, shock & bearing service, touch up & adjusting to your style.
Keeping mine at least 2 more seasons. Maybe something else will wow me by then.
Best of luck in what ever you decide.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Why the 2nd thoughts on the RS?
Haven't even rode it yet and kicking it to curb?
A 5 year old sled will need some scrubbing, shock & bearing service, touch up & adjusting to your style.
Keeping mine at least 2 more seasons. Maybe something else will wow me by then.
Best of luck in what ever you decide.
I know and had already planned on pulling the skid and sending all four shocks out for service鈥aybe a new track as well鈥.like I said I鈥檓 leaning towards keeping it.馃憤馃徏馃嚭馃嚫

Registered
I know and had already planned on pulling the skid and sending all four shocks out for service鈥aybe a new track as well鈥.like I said I鈥檓 leaning towards keeping it.馃憤馃徏馃嚭馃嚫
blt brads kid does my shocks in kingsley great every time 231 263 31 69 they are super nice and know all about most anything Brads Been With Cat forever now ski doo and polaris guy too they all have their issues sand blast the can, treat the mag tank with somthing, and buy the ssi pipe set up that was on marketplace and your shiny under your new plastic . me i like old style look better. i'm silly

41 - 60 of 84 Posts