Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, we bit the bullet and took the trip up to Le Cabannon all last week, and ended up putting on about 125 miles a day on pretty good trails. ANyways, the best thing about the week was the racing on the lake out in front of the hotel in the afternoons.

We came back from our ride and it happened to be my frist ride on the 03f7 that i bought, and was overall very happy with the way the sled performed.

Mods at the time were:
-Bikeman Pipe mod into stock can
-D&D Clutch Kit
-104 1.325 woodys trail studs
-4-wheel kit

We pulled up to the lake around 1:00 in the afternoon the first day and there was about 40 sleds sitting around watching this one guy beat everyone who lined up with him...so i stayed back for a while and just watched. The hot sled at the time was an 06 mxz 800 ported, twin pipes, computer system, clutching, and who knows what else. I know he didnt have chisels but he did have 4 studs per bar... so he was hooking up exceptionally well. As I was watching, i was told her was a well known engine guy in the quebec area.

So...i finally got the balls to lineup with him. It was me on my 03 f7, vs him and his rev 800, vs another rev 800 that i was unsure of the mods.

They both took me out of the hole, but by about 300 feet i had caught both of them and put a sled or two on the ported rev in 800 feet. He came over to my sled and was very surprised that it was nearly stock, shook my hand and said congratulations, you have a fast f7. haha, anyways, him and i ended up racing about 5 more times and depending on my launch and hook up i would either beat him by only a sled or two in 800 feet, or as much as 6-7 sleds... in 800 feet.

Next I raced two brand new f800's. One had around 100 studs, and the other was all studded up. Beat both of them...and it wasnt even close... was very impressed with the f8's.

Then I raced a newer style mach z 1000. In 800 feet had him by about 4 sleds, but the guy said near the end of the lake he was catching me, and i beleive it.

Then I raced my fathers 2005 rx-1. 100 studs... Beat him by about 5-6 sleds in 800 feet. All day long.

Then I raced a newer Apex... noty sure of the mods but he defintiyl had an exhaust because it was obnixously loud. Only beat the apex by 1 sled everytime, he actually beat me by 1/2 sled the first race...

THen... the fun part... A black/grey new f1000 pulls out on the lake and the first time across he just rips by himself, skis in the air the whole way across...and then i started to get scared.

I talked to him for a while before we ended up racing. He was there with the guy with the ported rev 800. That guy had also worked on this f1000. The f1000 was ported, including the base, clutched, reeds, airbox, boondocker, and 4 trail studs per bar. At first I watched him race his buddy with the rev that I had already beat, and everytime he was only a few sleds ahead of him...so i got a little excited and decided to try it out.

First against the f1000 he beat me by 4-5 sleds. Second race, he beat me by 2 sleds, third race, i beat him by about a ski loop...then we kept going at it again and again...and after every race he playted with his boondocker a little bit. Then once i was right with him or even beating him a little bit, he said, wait here, ill be back. About a half hour later he came back and beat me by about 10 sleds... he hooked up the nitrous... haha. This guy had some serious $$$.

Anyways...sorry for the long post, but i wanted to share.

Im waiting for more snow in my hometown so i can put my d&d y-pipe on, bmp fuel reducer, 2.5 timing key, and more clutching.... and mabye a few more studs

-Tyler

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thought i also might add that with the clutching setup the way it was, i was only running about 7650 rpms in 800 feet...which isnt enough for the pipe-mod. I was seeing around 114 on the speedo....no radar guns.

And...my gas guage was on Empty... that probably helped quite a bit. And I weigh 180 lbs.

Temperature outside was around -2 celsius.

·
Registered
205 Posts
AWESOME....GOOD JOB.... :div20: AND DONT BE SORRY FOR THE LONG POST. THOSE OF US WHO HAVE SLEDS SITTING IN THE TRAILERS WAITING FOR SOME FRICKIN SNOW LOVE TO AT LEAST READ ABOUT RIDING! WHERES THE F-ING SNOW :banghead:

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hear ya, this winter sucks. We origonally had reservations at the cabannon for all of last week, and we ended up coming home thursday because the temps were getting warmer and warmer, and rain was expected friday... but we were happy to at least get in 250 miles. Better than working! EVery day we got up at 7:00 am, hit the trails early and was back at the cabannon by noon 1:00....and raced on the lake for a couple hours, then put them back in the trailer and "quenched out thirst" until bed time! Overall had a great week...no regrets. 800 miles on the truck...250 miles on the sleds...

What im wondering now is...seeing that my sled runs so well the way it is...im wondeirng if mabye I should just leave it and not install the rest of the mods that i have? Any opinions?

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have a 9 day trip that starts Jan 20th in the U.P. and they didnt have any snow on the ground yesterday. :banghead: They got a little last night and there is snow in the forcast but they havent had any significant snow at all this winter. They had no snow for Christmas. 3rd warmest December in history. This winter sucks. If I ever find that El Nino.....im beating his ass. LOL I new I shouldnt have bought a new sled. 54 :banghead: Same thing happened to me when I bought my 02 ZR. Winter sucked that year too. We need snow and need it now. I wanted to try and ride from Seney to Copper Harbor and back this year with backpacks taking some clothes. At this point I just want to ride period...even if its around in circles in the parking lot LOL. As far as your sled goes....I wouldnt touch it. Sounds like its dialed in PERFECT. :div20:

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
GSXR - We stayed at Auberge Le Cabannon in St-Zenon, Quebec. We have stayed there every year for the past 5 years, and even some years 2-3 times per year. Its $79 per night Canadian...good bar, good restaurant, and decent rooms. There are grromed trails right from the parking lot, and the cabaannon owns a ton of miles themselves, and they have 5 groomers on site... SOME PEOPLE dont always have the best things to say about the place and what goes on, but ive had 0 complaints.

Anyways, the riding was good all last week, but after the warm temps and rain they got this weekend, i wouldnt go back up until theres another storm.

The website is www.aubergelecabannon.com the phone number is on there. We are going back up the last week of January, and the first week of march...your welcome to come the same time we are there and tag along until you get a feel for the area. We ride hard and dont stop much for smoke breaks...and the end of the day always ends up at the gentlemens club at the end of the day before returning to the hotel...

The nice this about cabannon is that they groom ASAP... and it doesnt take much snow becuase all of the trails are roads in the summer.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Thanks for the info man!!! 12 of us are supposed to be going to Old forge next week for our annual trip, obviously that wont be happening and with no major pattern change being seen in the future i think we will be looking to go to canada instead!

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Thought i also might add that with the clutching setup the way it was, i was only running about 7650 rpms in 800 feet...which isnt enough for the pipe-mod. I was seeing around 114 on the speedo....no radar guns.

And...my gas guage was on Empty... that probably helped quite a bit. And I weigh 180 lbs.

Temperature outside was around -2 celsius.[/b]
In my experiece the fastest stockish F7's run 7650-7700 rpm's, i'd keep it right there pipe mod and all.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well, we bit the bullet and took the trip up to Le Cabannon all last week, and ended up putting on about 125 miles a day on pretty good trails. ANyways, the best thing about the week was the racing on the lake out in front of the hotel in the afternoons.

We came back from our ride and it happened to be my frist ride on the 03f7 that i bought, and was overall very happy with the way the sled performed.

Mods at the time were:
-Bikeman Pipe mod into stock can
-D&D Clutch Kit
-104 1.325 woodys trail studs
-4-wheel kit

We pulled up to the lake around 1:00 in the afternoon the first day and there was about 40 sleds sitting around watching this one guy beat everyone who lined up with him...so i stayed back for a while and just watched. The hot sled at the time was an 06 mxz 800 ported, twin pipes, computer system, clutching, and who knows what else. I know he didnt have chisels but he did have 4 studs per bar... so he was hooking up exceptionally well. As I was watching, i was told her was a well known engine guy in the quebec area.

So...i finally got the balls to lineup with him. It was me on my 03 f7, vs him and his rev 800, vs another rev 800 that i was unsure of the mods.

They both took me out of the hole, but by about 300 feet i had caught both of them and put a sled or two on the ported rev in 800 feet. He came over to my sled and was very surprised that it was nearly stock, shook my hand and said congratulations, you have a fast f7. haha, anyways, him and i ended up racing about 5 more times and depending on my launch and hook up i would either beat him by only a sled or two in 800 feet, or as much as 6-7 sleds... in 800 feet.

Next I raced two brand new f800's. One had around 100 studs, and the other was all studded up. Beat both of them...and it wasnt even close... was very impressed with the f8's.

Then I raced a newer style mach z 1000. In 800 feet had him by about 4 sleds, but the guy said near the end of the lake he was catching me, and i beleive it.

Then I raced my fathers 2005 rx-1. 100 studs... Beat him by about 5-6 sleds in 800 feet. All day long.

Then I raced a newer Apex... noty sure of the mods but he defintiyl had an exhaust because it was obnixously loud. Only beat the apex by 1 sled everytime, he actually beat me by 1/2 sled the first race...

THen... the fun part... A black/grey new f1000 pulls out on the lake and the first time across he just rips by himself, skis in the air the whole way across...and then i started to get scared.

I talked to him for a while before we ended up racing. He was there with the guy with the ported rev 800. That guy had also worked on this f1000. The f1000 was ported, including the base, clutched, reeds, airbox, boondocker, and 4 trail studs per bar. At first I watched him race his buddy with the rev that I had already beat, and everytime he was only a few sleds ahead of him...so i got a little excited and decided to try it out.

First against the f1000 he beat me by 4-5 sleds. Second race, he beat me by 2 sleds, third race, i beat him by about a ski loop...then we kept going at it again and again...and after every race he playted with his boondocker a little bit. Then once i was right with him or even beating him a little bit, he said, wait here, ill be back. About a half hour later he came back and beat me by about 10 sleds... he hooked up the nitrous... haha. This guy had some serious $$$.

Anyways...sorry for the long post, but i wanted to share.

Im waiting for more snow in my hometown so i can put my d&d y-pipe on, bmp fuel reducer, 2.5 timing key, and more clutching.... and mabye a few more studs

-Tyler[/b]

can i call you liar ...or maybe....the new year bullshitter ....come on over there this week end .....

first they was no twin pipes or so ever in your story .....okokmabey your sled ran great but hey it's not a rocket !!!!!!!!!!!

what i like is people like you that make up story with nothing ...come on over there this saturday............and the 800 rev guy will be there abd bye you glasses cause you cant make the difference beetwenn a single pipe and twin pipee ..............aaaaaaa....i will be easy to reconize the mach z 1000 #09x

·
Registered
13 Posts
good story, but gotta love getting called out on it by someone who was there. anyways, being light does make all the difference. think about all the 230 lb guys dropping 5 oz off their sled thinking they are going faster. i mean seriously... in horse racing, you dont see many tall overwieght jockeys. props if you did kick their ass

·
Registered
582 Posts
http://www.motoneigeauquebec.com/forum/vie...644&start=0
click there to see the mach zz fives the f-1000 a severe correction .........guy at top right is famous speedy kirby getting a wooping !!!!!!!!aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa[/b]
no fear guys i never lost a race the day i was there guys and the flo will get his first serious whooping this weekend . anyways i thought it was a pretty good story

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Huh??? Is somebody a little upset that they have a few grand under the hood of there rev800 and got beat by a nearly stock f7?

Ive got videos to prove it, if someone will show me how to post them. Or, i can email them to someone and they can post them. I think you may be thinking of a different sled, becuase when i went back into the bar that night at the cabannon, everyone was asking if i was on the black f7 kicking everyones ass.

The thing is, im not going to brag, because im not the one who set this sled up. ROckin-f7 is the guy to thank for how fast my sled is. I bought it from him already clutched, and just threw the pipe mod on with no further clutching.

I have no reason to lie to you. The only person that was faster than me that was actually racing last week was that f1000.

End of Story, if you dont like it, dont read it.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts