Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought a 2003 F5 and i have a few questions on it.

1. how high is the stock handlebar riser?

2. which is the best can for added power and sound?

3. has anyone put fly freeride bars on their firecat? do they mount right up? will i need cable extentions? are they too high?

4. whats the approx. top speed for a stock f5?

thanks guys

if anyone has pictures of their firecat with fly freeride bars, could you please post them? thanks

·
Registered
927 Posts
well the stock handlebar riser height is 4.44 inches, a good can is a sno stuff, and for the handlebars i couldnt tel you, a stock F5 will do around 95-100 i think.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
come on now... you cant get off your lazy butt and measure your riser yourself??!! :zzz:

if you buy a can you run the risk of a decrease in power... so good luck...

a well setup F5 should be around 100mph on ice... expect around 90 on snow...

·
Registered
890 Posts
i bought MBRP can for my f5 and on hrd packed road i had it up to 107 on speedo. i think the bar riser is jsut over 4 inches

·
Banned
10,423 Posts
clutch it no higher than 8350 rpm's or it won't do over 90 mph, cat says 84-8500, that's bullshit! don't waste money to sound loud, that's all you'll do(waste money/sound loud), good clutching will allow a well tuned one to pull near or slightly over 100 on solid frozen snow on radar, been there done that with mine,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
My F5 will get to 90 if I'm lucky with that 1.375 track and stock in a wheat field. I'm sure the regular track would easily let you go 90 since I can listen to my big lugs whining around 60.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
I would do without the the Can, as C-Note said

I think you will like the stock height of the bars, like already said about 4.5"

Top Speed on mine ('03 F5 stock, Standard track, 102 studs)using a GPS to verify (by the way digital speedo is with in 1mph)

Hard packed roads, Ice conditions 103MPH, Grommed trails seen 98MPH

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i ride standing up alot and i like to be able to throw the sled around. the bars on my prox were higher then the F5 i bought, so i need them atleast as high as my prox.

anyone know the highest you can raise the bars with the stock cables? thanks

·
Registered
106 Posts
I THINK 6" RISER IS THE HIGHEST YOU CAN GO CAUSE THATS WHAT I PUT ON MINE AND THE BRAKE LINE IS KINDA AT ITS LIMIT. YOU MAY BE ABLE TO GET EXTENTIONS FOR THE LINES ON THE BAR IF YOU WANT TO GO HIGHER, BUT NOT SURE ON THAT.

I DO A BIT OF STAND UP RIDING ALSO AND THE 6" POWERMADD RISER IS ABOUT PERFECT FOR ME. :div20:

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
You can have up to 8" for the 03 and 04 firecats. The brake cable on the 05 is routed different because of the DD.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts