Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Was wondering if anyone else had this problem. I know 2 strokes are supposed to smoke but this things is really smoking bad. it has already trashed my belly pan. Used to be Green at the start of the year and now its black right around the area that the exhaust exits. Whats up with that? Would appreciate any feed back. Thanks.

Chad

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Sounds like your jetted way too rich. Hows your gas milege? That black stuff is from too much gas. and probably a little too much oil. hows your oil consumption? To get that black crap off, try orange hand cleaner with the gritty stuff in it............ tigger

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My gas mileage is horrible but it always has been, these 99 ZR's are known for being horrible. The oil consuption I just had it adjusted and its much better know. So not to sure what is up. I have jetted the thing down from 350 to 330 because I was hoping to get better gas mileage. Thanks for the advice on the hand cleaner to get the black off. I will try that. Thanks again.

Chad

·
Registered
128 Posts
Greased Lightning spray cleaner took the exhaust stain right off my dad's 98 ZR 500's bellypan

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
You can also try this 340 mains and drop your needle a half a position. the washer under the clip is .8 mm thick. you can replace it with (2 ) .4 mm washers. Pull the needle out, remove the stock washer and put one .4 under the clip and one above the clip. Drop needle back into place and tighten allen bolt. I bought my washer from a yamaha dealership. They come stock on a 01 or 02 yamaha SRX with TM flatslides. Just gives you 5 more adjustments. You can also turn in your fuel/ air screws on the right hand side of you carbs. The ones with the white caps on them. I dont know what your stock setting is , but get them both at the same stock setting and go from there. an 1/8 of a turn makes a huge difference so be careful. good luck..........tigger

1 - 5 of 5 Posts