Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yes this is what i got a 99 zr600 efi and the prick will not start i have check it see if had spark and yes ido check fuel to fuel rail and yes plugs are geting wet when trying to start but no luck heated plugs up no luck put new plugs in no luck been in the heat all day and night in garage so no frozen lines not it aslo tried a little starting fluid in heads no luck not a fart out of her or is it that i got a new sled this year and she just wants to be a bitch since ai do not ride her much any more ?? its go about 5300 miles when pulling ot the head light want to light so were do i go with this trouble ????????? :censored: :cussing: :werd: :mad: :summer_sucks:

·
Registered
452 Posts
My ZR600 was a little prick after setting for quite a while. I would put gas in each cylinder then install new plugs gapped to .028 - 0.030. It would at least fire up for a few seconds which "primed" the fuel system so to speak. I might have repeated this a couple times before it kept running and I rev'd the crap out of it. Afterwards I was good for 2-3 pulls assuming I ran it every couple weeks. For an EFI dont hold the throttle open and try to start it, only give a small amount when it starts running. Dont put gas on the plugs, in the holes then the plugs on top. Go through the routine a few times and see if she responds.
If its getting spark you could probably rule out any ignition or kill switches. Not responding to gas or starting fluid in the cylinders (not even a fart?)......with spark you say......is just defying the laws of physics.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I would check for spartk first. If you have spark, buy at least 2 new sets of plugs and swap them out after they get really wet. It also might not be a bad idea to check compression.

Jason

1 - 9 of 9 Posts