Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody had the problem with there 99ZL EFI where the boot that connects from the airbox to the back of the carbs is cracking..Almost like dry-rot.I have noticed that with mine..It has 4200 miles on it
I wondered if this was just normal wear...Plan on fixing it over the summer.
Thanks !

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
BY AC,

Yes, I had that happen to our 99 ZL600 EFI last year. The sled had 1500 miles on it and I was going over it in the fall getting it ready for the up and coming season(winter of 2001-2002) and noticed the exact same thing. The boot was cracked and looked like it dried out..... Seems kinda wierd for a sled that was used 2 seasons. Doesn't help your situation, but know that you are not alone.... ;)
-John

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had a '99 carbed ZL 600 that developed a crack in the rubber boot that connected the carbs to the 'airbox'....I just put a piece of duct tape on the crack and never noticed a problem....Hope it works for U!! :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
erics, I've got the same sled but a carbed version. I put black RTV on all the cracks and it seems to have held, but I 'm interested in the bulletin you spoke of. Where did you hear / see that. Any info would be great.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Originally posted by erics@Mar 9 2003, 07:09 AM
Cat had a bulleton on these. All 99's han new carb boots installed. :)
erics,

I too am also interested in being able to see the bulletin on this..... Any chance you could post it if you come across it?? ;) Thanks!
-John

·
Registered
117 Posts
Had samething happen on my 99' ZL 600 Carb was told by dealer that i go to now that ther was a service bullinten on them in 99' if they cracked cat was to replace them .Dealer i bought my sled from never told me and it cracked a year later. so i had to cough up the money for a new one .Thats one reason i dont go to that dealer anymore. you should get it replaced you dont want any snow or ? to get in there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts