Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,
I know there has been alot of discussion on the problem with this sled missing, having a dead spot, etc. I am down to checking the Stator. I tried to buy a manual for this sled on Ebay, and the dude had it advertised wrong, he sent it, wasnt right, sent it back, BLAH BLAH BLAH... anyway, I am wondering if anyone could post the proper checking methods on here.

Thanks !!

·
Premium Member
3,411 Posts
no info to offer,but i'm gonna tag along here to see what you find out.
having some of the same symptons too.
high rpm bog/miss. sounds like it's breaking ip under a hard load,then sorta coughs it up,and screams again?

is this like what you are getting?

have you checked the TSS?

·
Registered
520 Posts
you need to check resistance, and peak voltage. I have the cat manual at home i can get the specs for you when i get home from vacation if someone already hasnt replied by then.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no info to offer,but i'm gonna tag along here to see what you find out.
having some of the same symptons too.
high rpm bog/miss. sounds like it's breaking ip under a hard load,then sorta coughs it up,and screams again?

is this like what you are getting?

have you checked the TSS?[/b]
Rip..... this is exactly how mine is acting. Yes i did check the TSS... i found a broken spring in my primary clutch, and thought it was just binding up the clutch and sucking the life out of the engine. After changing out the spring, i ended up going completely back to stock setup and took it back out.... acted much much better for a little while... thougt it was almost fixed... so i went ahead and ripped the clutch completely apart and rebuilt it. I put everything back together and it ran great for about an hour. The same symptoms came back so i said screw it, and went ahead and bought a new clutch thinking that maybe my rebuild had a problem. After getting the new clutch on the sled i found it ultimately did the same thing again after about an hour.... talk about frustrating. I was in canada at the time and the guys in that area dont know much about Arctic Cat's so my trip came to a quick end. What is incredibly wierd, is that when it "breaks loose" and wants to run right, it seems scary powerful... like it is running wayyyyy lean... I thought for sure i was going to burn it up before getting back to the lodge where we were staying.

Steve... I am still trying to get ahold of a manal for this thing so if you can get info for me i would greatly appreciate it...

Thanks to all

·
Registered
520 Posts
Steve... I am still trying to get ahold of a manal for this thing so if you can get info for me i would greatly appreciate it...

Thanks to all[/b]
Here ya are:
Capacitor Charge Coil:(3 wire harness from stator, black,green, and brown)
between blk-green. Read 36.8-55.2ohms

Injection Coil and Energizer Coil:(two prong connector from stator to ECU, blue, white)
16.8-25.2 ohms

Fuel Pump Energizer Coil: (two orange wires off stator harness)
1.4 - 2.1 ohms

Lighting Coil: (4 prong connector, two yellow wires)
.07 - .10 ohms

There ya go for resistance bud, that you can check with any basic multimeter, if you have a high tech multimeter that can read Peak Voltage... ill post the peak voltage readings also for that sled. I only know 2 people that have these meters, and its be cause they work on sleds for a living. (its a Fluke Model 73 Multimeter)

·
Registered
520 Posts
ohh and sorry i took so long to post, been busy with work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.