Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if anyone knows how to 'eliminate' the throttle safety switch circut on a 99 ZL600 EFI?

I have tried the new cupped washers that go between the thumb lever and the throttle block(both sides of the pin that hold the thumb lever on) but that has not helped. It still doesn't rock forward properly unless you push the throttle lever 'just right'. I see the 3 connecter plug with the brown, black, and violet/purple wire and if I un-plug thatparticular connector, its fine but then I have no kill switch.... Is there a way to eliminate the throttle switch without loosing the kill switch? Thanks.
-John

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yes, bend the middle prong off to one side then plug it back in. Kill switch still works and you don't have the "cutting out" problem anymore.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by devildog@Jan 15 2003, 01:22 PM
Yes, bend the middle prong off to one side then plug it back in. Kill switch still works and you don't have the "cutting out" problem anymore.
devildog,
Thanks! I'll give that a try.
-John

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
devildog,

I did what you said, and that is exactly what I was looking to achieve. I ended up getting some shrink tubing, put it over the middle connector, heated it up and plugged it back together. Thank you very much for the info.
-John

·
Registered
72 Posts
I had bogging problems with my 00 zr600 efi, I disconencted the throttle safety switch and it seemed to have gotten worse. To make a long story short, I disconnected the entire connection and it is like a new machine..I cannot believe the difference - you won't have a kill switch any longer but....

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by bar2bar@Jan 18 2003, 01:43 PM
I had bogging problems with my 00 zr600 efi, I disconencted the throttle safety switch and it seemed to have gotten worse. To make a long story short, I disconnected the entire connection and it is like a new machine..I cannot believe the difference - you won't have a kill switch any longer but....
bar2bar,

Thanks for the input. I think I will leave it the way I have it for now, and if I experience any troubles from this point forward, then I will disconnent the plug completely.
-John

·
Registered
410 Posts
Alls fine with that, but can't wait to hear from ya when ya go out one morning and give her a pull and she tears off and eats a tree on ya. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts