Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi....... I finally got my motor rebuilt and put in the sled. Everything went just fine except i have no spark :banghead: .
I tried bypassing the kill switch(unplugged) and ignition switch(unplugged), and everything is plugged in in the proper spots. Just wondering if there could be something i missed?? Everything was working when it blew up so i am assuming the parts(cdi box,coils,stator etc. etc.) are all working. Is there any tests i can do to narrow down what the problem might be? Thanks.............Brian

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Is the ground connected to the mag side carb boot? This one can get missed. Also,is there tension on the throttle cable so that the throttle safety switch is not cutting the spark?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The small black wire on the carb boot is hooked up and the throttle safety (button/switch) is adjusted correctly. I just re-checked all the connections again and made sure they all were clean and put dialectric grease on them. Im not to sure what to do next?????

·
Premium Member
18,796 Posts
Try disconnecting the single black wire from the CDI to the ignition kill circuit. If you get spark, the problem is somewhere in the kill circuit. A wire or something is shorted out to ground. Disconnect and probe each device with an ohm meter to ground to isolate it. Nothing should be grounded out.

If kill circuit is okay, you may have internal stator problems. You can use an ohm meter to test the resistances. Disconnect the plug(s).
Brn to yellow: 0.12 - 0.15 ohms
Brn to base: 0.0 ohms
White to green: 5.3 to 6.0 ohms
White to base: 0.0 ohms
Red to blue: 150-190 ohms
Red to base: Open

If they check okay, your CDI/ignition coil unit may be bad. They will go out suddenly.

Good luck!
:div20:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts