Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi I have a 99 thundercat thats been guzzling oil. I put on about 80 miles yesterday after school and I went through an entire tank of gas (which is normal when its ridden hard) and an entire tank of oil (not normal at all). I pulled the plugs out and they were DARK, but the sled feels like its on the lean side.

The sled has sat for the last year with fuel in the float bowls since we forgot to drain then last spring, but I did not clean them since the gas around here is pretty good.

I had to pull off the middle carb because it was leaking a little bit off gas out of the overflow. My dad said this sled has leaked gas from the overflow since the day he bought it brand new, and he just put a bolt in the overflow line and clamped it shut.

The sled has ran fantastic for me. I have about 200 miles on it and ive used about 1.5-2 gallons of oil. Previously I have been able to go 200-300 miles before I needed to refill the oil. Any ideas are greatly appreciated

·
Registered
2020 Polaris xc 800
237 Posts
Extra oil is Lean...less gas in the air fuel mixture (counter intuitive)....Anyway, cant help with the oil usage issue, but try dialing back the mechanical pump.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts