Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cleaned my carbs the other day, put everything back together and it ran like crap on the low end. It seemed to suck air big time so I pulled the carbs out again and found the air screw missing on the clutch side... guess that would explain why it sounded like it was getting too much air! I am going to get a used on from a bone yard but right now and plan on having it running by this evening for a weekend ride with my wife. The question is... HOW MANY TURNS SHOULD MY FUEL AND AIR SCREWS BE TURNED OUT? Everthing is stock on this sled and has 45 pilots and 350 mains.

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
.75 on the air screw, it does not have a fuel screw. The others are idle adjustment. Set the idle to 18-2000 rpm warm engine. RN3C or BR8ES plugs. Change the main jets to 330's. I would also change the primary spring to either an erlandson white, or polaris 7041080 blue. Be sure the belt deflection is set to 1.25".

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
.75 on the air screw, it does not have a fuel screw. The others are idle adjustment. Set the idle to 18-2000 rpm warm engine. RN3C or BR8ES plugs. Change the main jets to 330's. I would also change the primary spring to either an erlandson white, or polaris 7041080 blue. Be sure the belt deflection is set to 1.25".[/b]
Thanks Pockets!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts