Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was taking apart the carbs on my 99 today . i want to change the needle to the 71g's instead of the 68's , my only problm is i can't figure out how to get the things off. and secondly what should the jetting be on this sled ? the clutch carb is 185 and the brake side is 190. the pilot jets are both 38. what should the air scews be and the idler screws ? thanks guys .

Where is the clip everyone is talking about ? i was looking for it but i am lost ? :dunno:

Right now the setup for her clutch is ;

dark blue/white secondary , dunno about the weights , EPI 44-40 helix (PPH-8) silver secondary. the sled ran strong last year on races , but low end it really sucked and spun the track alot.

would an r-12 helix , almond/red , 62gram weights , and an epi orange work better this year ?....thanks guys :div20:

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
There is a hex nut in the top of the Dslide, Remove your throttle cable by pushing down into the slide. The use a socket to remove the nut. the needle is there. It should have a c-clip and be in 2 or 3 stock i believe.

Edit: just noticed Racerdave and Ivar are responding about the other stuff.

·
Registered
17,159 Posts
If you take off the top caps and pull out the slides, there's a bolt inside the spring, pull back the spring and use a 7mm(?) socket to take out the clip retainer.

I would replace the e-clips while at it, I've seen them wear paper thin.

The clutch setup you suggest should run stronger , but will spin even more if you don't have enough traction. Rear skid setup is also important, proper weight tranfer is important to get good traction off the line.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys , i got it , the clip was in the 3 spot , but the needles are the 68's , so i will go to the dealership tommorow to see if they got the 1371g's :div20:

wasn't that hard at all , i just didn't know how to get the cable off :banana:

should the air screws be 1.5 full turns out ?

·
Registered
17,159 Posts
The air screws: start at 1.5 , then get the sled warmed up to check throttle response, if it feels rich/blubbery , try adjusting both screws out 1/8 - 1/4 turn. If it hesitates/feels lean, turn them in 1/8-1/4 turn at a time.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey guys , if i bought a clutch alignment tool for my 04 800 would it work for my 99xc 700 also , or would i need another tool ? :div20:

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
would an r-12 helix , almond/red , 62gram weights , and an epi orange work better this year ?....thanks guys

r12, alm/gold ,62,s,,, sil/blue, is a very popular, proven set-up
add some power pacs,.

·
Premium Member
38,890 Posts
Clutch tool is the same, just get the new one #PS46998 oem tool number, works on roller and non-roller clutches. Some Polaris dealers don't know of this new tool, have them look it up, it is in their part smart.

·
Premium Member
MY21 650 SBA 146, ES, ICE Storm 1.5
6,145 Posts
Originally posted by XCR1250@Oct 16 2005, 04:48 PM
Clutch tool is the same, just get the new one #PS46998 oem tool number, works on roller and non-roller clutches. Some Polaris dealers don't know of this new tool, have them look it up, it is in their part smart.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=933471
[/quote]
the PS-46998 P-85 Clutch Alignment Tool comes from SPX corporation and is not in the PartSmart system, althought it would be great if tools were in there.

This clutch alignment tool provides an accurate method to check 5/8” clutch offset and alignment by referencing both stationary sheaves.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts