Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this thing was just in the dealer and gone through for the season. i got 25 miles on b4 it decided to act up. on the stand it dogs at 5k rpms. on the ground it will dog too but even more when i get on the sled to move it. any ideas? thanks

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
this thing was just in the dealer and gone through for the season. i got 25 miles on b4 it decided to act up. on the stand it dogs at 5k rpms. on the ground it will dog too but even more when i get on the sled to move it. any ideas? thanks[/b]
anyone with any ideas at all? stator,fuel,sec. clutch? thanks

·
Registered
78 Posts
this thing was just in the dealer and gone through for the season. i got 25 miles on b4 it decided to act up. on the stand it dogs at 5k rpms. on the ground it will dog too but even more when i get on the sled to move it. any ideas? thanks[/b]

I just picked up a 2000 zr500 and it is acting the same way. It will fire right up and run ok but when you put the lever to the bar it will hang out at around 6000-6500 for a few seconds and then come out of it and fly. Put new plugs in it and the plugs comming out of it looked perfect. Not sure from here.........

·
Premium Member
3,839 Posts
I found on mine that the kill switch is not working, but it does kick in every once and a while, which causes mine to idle for a second

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i just unplugged mine to fix it. the switch would work to kill the engine. as soon as you put it under a load it would dog out. unplugged it and have no probs at all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts