Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working on my buddies 500, it starts and idles fine but then just won't open up.it revs about 6500 and just gurgles.its got spark its got fuel,the compression is perfect we swithed coils with another sled and no differance,new plugs fuel filter,took the carbs apart.i don't know what else to check any ideas or help would be great.

·
Premium Member
3,839 Posts
I'm working on my buddies 500, it starts and idles fine but then just won't open up.it revs about 6500 and just gurgles.its got spark its got fuel,the compression is perfect we swithed coils with another sled and no differance,new plugs fuel filter,took the carbs apart.i don't know what else to check any ideas or help would be great.[/b]
does it move at 6500rpm, because my 99 zr 500 engages at 4800rpm. do you think it is a clutch or motor problem?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
figured it out it was broken reed,i did check those the first time but it was the center one and i didn't see it,probably cause of the cool ones oh well got it now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.