Hardcore Sledder banner

98 Venture 600 Dropping the track

985 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  snowcrazy1 
#1 ·
Hey all! New here and generally new to snowmobiles. I picked up a 98 Venture 600 (with only 1100 miles) and I'm getting ready to stud the track for my ice fishing season.

I'm wanting to drop the rear chassis to give me some more room to work on the track once I have the back lifted, and want to make sure I'm looking at this right.

From what I can tell, it's 3 bolts on each side that hold the idler wheel bracket to the tunnel, and then loosening the bolt on each side to let the chassis drop down (or do I even need to loosen the front ones?).

The other question I have is on installing tunnel protectors. The inside of the tunnel is just flat, no tracks or anything to slide the protectors over, so I assume it's basically a matter of taking everything off the top and drilling and riveting them? How do I make sure they're lined up right? Or do I really even need them (3/4" lugs, 1" studs). I'm not really doing anything more aggressive than dragging my flip over across the lake with it.

Thanks in advance

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.