Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a 98 T-Cat that was in storage for a few years. I got it running and now have begun to start clutching. It had 10-60 weights,
GP 511 helix purple primary and yellow secondary. I'm curious what this helix angle is so I have a idea of which way to go. This setup had not so great top end. So
I just installed a 57-50 helix, 10-62 weights, and red/white secondary and left in the purple primary. I was going to put in the orange and white one but didn't. Does any one know what this helix angle is and the rate of the purple primary. Any suggestions welcome thanks guys.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I purchased a 98 T-Cat that was in storage for a few years. I got it running and now have begun to start clutching. It had 10-60 weights,
GP 511 helix purple primary and yellow secondary. I'm curious what this helix angle is so I have a idea of which way to go. This setup had not so great top end. So
I just installed a 57-50 helix, 10-62 weights, and red/white secondary and left in the purple primary. I was going to put in the orange and white one but didn't. Does any one know what this helix angle is and the rate of the purple primary. Any suggestions welcome thanks guys.[/b]

Snow800 gave me the best setup for my 98 T-Cat...

Red/white in the secondary, orange/white in the primary, 56/44 helix and 10-62 Polaris weights. It's a monster.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Don't know the angle of that helix?
But the spring (Purple) depends on if it's a AC or a Comet spring? AC= 121/240 Comet=136/254

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm going to put the orange and white spring in today. How do you guys think this will work with the 57-50. I'm going to order a 56-44 tomorrow.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm going to put the orange and white spring in today. How do you guys think this will work with the 57-50. I'm going to order a 56-44 tomorrow.[/b]

im my 98 1000 purple /58s r/w secondary 62/50 helix. check gear also. i run 20-39 for great accelleration.gonna try 23-40 to see the difference.running a 136x2 track so speed is limited.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Id hold off on the 56-44, most of us are using a 62-50, 60-50, 60-48. Why goes less than stock?[/b]
If he's not going to change gearing, etc, this is a good combination.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I have a 62/50 also. I don't have alot of time to tune it in before we leave for St. Germain on thursday. I plan to leave the gearing stock. My wifes F7 with nitrous has been giving me fits, so its been taking alot of my time. Thanks guy for your help.

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
Snow800 gave me the best setup for my 98 T-Cat...

Red/white in the secondary, orange/white in the primary, 56/44 helix and 10-62 Polaris weights. It's a monster.[/b]
Is it all stock? Or any mods?

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Your wife rides a Firecat with nitrous ?????? !!!!!!! Peace,beeler

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah she likes to drag race with me and my buddies. Haven't had to much luck with the nitrous yet but we will give it another go this weekend. One cylinder went when we were in St Germain. I guess a 50 shot for a ways was to much. She wants my F1000 pretty bad so we'll see. It'll give me a reason for a new sled next year.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts