Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.....just wanted to know all the in's and out's of the 98 SRX's. I can pick one up with about 4000K's for around $3400.00 and wanted to know what was good, what was bad, and what might be problem areas's in the future. It has a 1"1/4 track and looks pretty good, but i do see some silicone on each of the power valve cables on the sharp curve...was that a problem?

Any help would be great guys!! Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,782 Posts
Originally posted by ACE@Oct 3 2005, 12:51 PM
$3400.00 IS A LIITLE MUCH
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=905564
[/quote]
$3400 is a lot much, should be $2000 to 2500 in good condition. That is a good sled, I bought one new and put 16,800 miles on it and it was still very responsive until destroyed in a garage fire.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I owned 2 600 SRX,s ; a 98 & a 99. I know em real well. I am up north on biz otherwise you could call me & I can go over that sled....too much to go over then on this website. I am guessing this is the 98 from action power. .The big thing is make sure the sled had the crank welded..it was an update on 98,s. I think that sled had 2 powervalves just replaced. They need clutching badly...you buy the parts & I will tune it for ya for free!

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by Turk@Oct 3 2005, 05:42 PM
I owned 2 600 SRX,s ; a 98 & a 99. I know em real well. I am up north on biz otherwise you could call me & I can go over that sled....too much to go over then on this website. I am guessing this is the 98 from action power. .The big thing is make sure the sled had the crank welded..it was an update on 98,s. I think that sled had 2 powervalves just replaced. They need clutching badly...you buy the parts & I will tune it for ya for free!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=906065
[/quote]

Wow thanks....so do you know who had the sled at Action Power? Did you ever have problems with your power valve cables. I'm still looking around a bit, and tryin to stay under the $5000 mark. I was thinking DOO..but I dunno...a triple Yammi might be just what i need this year. So what kind of clutch parts? Springs or a whole new kit? Thanx for the info Turk

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
That sled is a river/lake runner. very good on fuel. Used clutch parts for that sled should be about $200; I can help you find what you need! Makes a huge diff. I don,t know who owned that sled. Powervalve cables & powervalve problems come from running cheap oil & not cleaning em. I have ton,s of used good SRX parts.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
$2000.00 us right now is about $2500.00 cdn. I bought my wifes 98 xc 600 in mint condition last year for $1800.00cdn. that srx isnt worth much more than $2500.00

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ace, you cant find any 98-02 SRXs in Manitoba under 3grand, let alone a low kilometer one. 4MULA-DLX, if you buy it, Turk is the man you want to set it up, well known for his Yamaha expertise. I have a 98 sx 700 that Turk advised me on, works great, surprises a lot of sleds. Check out Totallyamaha.com for more info on that sled.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys....I'm almost thinking now I should hold out a little longer for a 700....we still have time...unless this big winter storm watch turns out to something :)

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Dont take my comments negative, i personally dont believe its worth that. Anyhow try and get a 02 srx 700. They were the fastest out of the bunch and also had dpm so you can jet it to the max. I personally also like the sxr 700 with aftermarket tripple pipes. They are a ton of fun. good luck. Shop around.

·
Registered
6,518 Posts
$2000 US is equal to $2331.94 CAN. I wouldn't pay anymore than $2200 US($2565.13 CAN) for that sled. I payed $2500 US for mine in February of '04. Mine had 2200 miles on it at the time. Mine is a SRX 700.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I have a 98 700 SRX with a 136" track that is totally tricked out. I have a deposit on it but if deal falls thru I need $3000 & it is in Brandon. My 700 has 4800 miles but the shocks have been rebuilt(long travel) 4" handlebar risers, motor has been slightly tweaked, 3 new powervalves & cables last year.It is clutched perfectly. This one hauls! I will let you know if the deal falls thru.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by Turk@Oct 4 2005, 02:51 PM
I have a 98 700 SRX with a 136" track that is totally tricked out. I have a deposit on it but if deal falls thru I need $3000 & it is in Brandon. My 700 has 4800 miles but the shocks have been rebuilt(long travel) 4" handlebar risers, motor has been slightly tweaked, 3 new powervalves & cables last year.It is clutched perfectly. This one hauls! I will let you know if the deal falls thru.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=907918
[/quote]

Yes 100%...make sure if it doesn't go you let me know!!! Thnx again :div20:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts