Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a zrt 600 and my buddy just bought a 02 viper 700. In about 1000 ft or so I was 3 lengths behind him, Come to find out I was running on about 65 psi on each cylinder and my clutching was screwed up to the point of poor acceleration off the line for about 20 ft. Since then I rebuilt the motor and fixed the clutching, Now she pulls hard all the way. He has not been up to ride in awhile but I'm sure I could now take him in that distance. Is the zrt faster or is something wrong with the viper? Thanks Mike

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I understood until the last sentence..."Is the zrt faster or is something wrong with the viper?" Huh? The Viper beat you, this question doesn't make sense. Viper is only 118-122 HP stock. I think your around 110-115 HP. I think you'll give it a much better race now or maybe win. The vipers are pretty good up top. I know he isn't triple piped cuz it wouldn't be much of a race. The whole issue with vipers is hook up, or lack there of, I should say. Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What I meant by the last sentence is that I am confident that I could out run the viper now.(In a 1000 ft) And I was wondering if anyone else knows for a fact that the zrt6 is faster than the viper. OR is there something wrong with his viper... If that makes any more sense haha

(When we dragged we were both in fresh powder about 6 inches of wet snow) Thanks, Mike

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well today we lined them up and the ZRT took the viper. We both pulled hard out of the hole, Just about neck and neck. In about 500ft or so is when I started to pull away. Put a smile on my face, But I don't think he was too happy.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I had no issues taking my friends 700 sx untill he droped a bunch of coin at bender then he could walk me up top but it still had no holeshot

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He has 144 studs and I have 24 my track is shot so i just put a zigzag down the center until I get a new track. Even with 24 studs I was still right there with him. With a new track and studs I wouldn't have a problem taking the hole shot.

·
Registered
37 Posts
It all depends on whose hooking up. I have a Powder Extreme, a ZRT 600 longtrack pretty much, with a 136" track with 2" paddles. I have raced MXZX Renegade 700's and walked all over them. They even have a 136" too, but the lug is only 1.25". I don't know anyone with a Viper but I imagine I would take one no problem the way my track hooks up.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Any way to put a powder Extreme track and suspension on a zrt? Will it bolt up?[/b]
It should bolt right in, you would have to drop your skid mounts as low as you can though to clear a bigger track. A powder extreme is exactly the same as a zrt, but it has a tunnel extension, the longer skid, narrower front suspension for powder riding, and an altitude compensator on the carbs. I put a long travel BLT suspension in the front so it is better for cornering and trail riding, but it still works good in the thick stuff too. The zrt with a long track is a sweet sled.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
did you say 24 studs?[/b]
Yeah 24 studs, Every other lug down the middle in a zig zag pattern. My track is shot and I don't want to chance throwing any studs. It had 192 in it but they were pulling left and right. I want to try and go the long track route.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts