Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1997 zr 580 3500mi 120psix2 and good looking plugs..
sled runs great for about 30 to 45 min goes good and fast 90mph+
but after awhile can't get more then 50-60mph and if i pin it at that speed it boggs out stop and let it cool down for awhile and it goes great or change out the plugs and it goes great
also sometimes hard to start 5min after shut down have to pull 6-7 times and hold wide open and then starts and revs up slow.but plugs look nice and brown. using NGK br9eya that's what the book says..NGK br9es when i got it
thinking it might be a fuel problem but not sure any help would be great ....thanx...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 1997 zr 580 3500mi 120psix2 and good looking plugs..
sled runs great for about 30 to 45 min goes good and fast 90mph+
but after awhile can't get more then 50-60mph and if i pin it at that speed it boggs out stop and let it cool down for awhile and it goes great or change out the plugs and it goes great
also sometimes hard to start 5min after shut down have to pull 6-7 times and hold wide open and then starts and revs up slow.but plugs look nice and brown. using NGK br9eya that's what the book says..NGK br9es when i got it
thinking it might be a fuel problem but not sure any help would be great ....thanx...[/b]
Hi, i have the same problem, seems the motor gets extemely hot, breaks down the stator, and not enough spark energy is produced for hi rpm operation. I am going to get the stator rebuilt, will let you know. I see your post is old, maybe already fixed your problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts