Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted. A clean 1997-1998 hood and nose cone free of cracks and defects. I have several wedge hoods already. Restoring my 97 xc700.

Thx

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
there was a nice dark blue 98 XC hood and nose at the A-1 show this year. seller tried to tell me it was a dealer option. I don't think I ever heard that before. I had a red hood 98 XC 7 but it did not come from the factory that way.

Let me guess your white paint is peeling.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, my first time out on it about 18 years ago I rolled it and cracked it. I just want to make it original and cruise it around

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
my sled has 2k miles and the white paint started peeling in storage. I seen many with the same issue

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have around 2500 miles. Runs pretty good for an old sled. I havent seen many 97's. My uncle purchased it in early 1997. Unfortunatley he was killed on the sled in February of 1997 on Lake Skegmog near Kalkaska. I got it from my aunt a few years later with a couple hundred miles on it.

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
forgot about this. Had my hands on a mint nosecone at the Haydays.....I thought to myself. I don't need this. No decent 98 Xc hoods at the Haydays the last 2 years in a row.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts