Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here's the scoop. The year before last the rear suspension pretty much crapped out and turned to mush. While riding trails the back was bottomed out all the time. I could grab the rear bar and move it up and down easily and bottom it out.

I replaced the torsion springs thinking they wore out, but it didn't do anything. I set the spring blocks to be as firm as possible and found little to no change. Didn't ride it once last year.

This year I pulled the rear torque arm shock and figured it to be shot, replaced it with a Kimpex 04-270 gas replacement and hoped I would see some change...still nothing. It barely rebounds back up to full height once I push it down by hand.

Is there some other adjustments that I might have overlooked or missed. I NEED HELP!!

I appreciate any help folks!

·
Registered
412 Posts
if you cant figure it out bring into a shop before you ruin something badly theres a shop just across the river Berms and Blacktop in roberts wisconsin 15 minutes east on I-94 exit 4, Bruce could hook you up he knows his stuff about sleds and should fix it reasonably priced if you fail to find the problem

·
Registered
949 Posts
It could be something with the front skid. If your front skid isn't right, especially if the shock won't fully extend or if the straps are too tight (or any other issue that prevents it from fully extending), it puts way more stress on the rear of the skid and will make it super easy to compress the rear.

I'd pull the skid out of the sled and take the time necessary to diagnose the whole skid, not just the rear half.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
mine does the same thing..,.... still cant figure it out... wont be able to till the motor goes back in either. ill let you know if i figure anything out. i will start by pulling the rear skid out though

·
Registered
19 Posts
Maybe the coupling between the front and rear parts of the skid broke?[/b]
Well my 97 xlt does the same thing i am replaceing both rear shocks and its a oem one i had bad luck with replaceing the shocks with the aftermarket ones oem are your best bet babbits online should have what your looking for that would be my choice its up to you or there could be something else wrong but i have the extra 12

1 - 6 of 6 Posts