Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Yes.

Sort of. They will "fit", but the 600 pipes are smaller than the 700. You'll get more low end torque, but they will kill your top end HP.

I think it will.

I put a 99 FIII 700 engine in my 1997 Mach 1 chassis. I re-used all my original electronics, pipes, clutches. Just bolted on and go. Started second time I tried to start it. (first time, I used the 99 stator and it wouldn't fire up.. replaced with the one from my '97 and it ran perfectly.)

Easiest/best thing for you to do is find a set of 97 Mach 1 carbs/pipes/clutches to use. I believe all electronics are the same, but I would double check part numbers on the Doo microfishe to make sure.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i got the 99 motor home and have stripped off the 99 content

water pump housing if different using the 600 pump housing

removed the 99 stator to use the 96 stator

the coils will work and the coil harness is being swapped out to the 96 to mate the harness 3 connectors on the 1996 one connector on 99

boost bottle is different but should work if not will swap

the coolant sensor is in different location in the head but wont be issure other hole plugged can relocate

top water outlet housing is on different angle might have to swap 96 in depends if upper hose will reach.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I had to do some creative plumbing to get the water pump to work. A few 90 degree aluminum bends and an extra piece of hose will do the trick. I couldn't change pump covers, or pumps for that matter. They are just slightly different between the two different years.

Let me know and I can take some pictures of what I did.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts