Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1995 xcr 440sp(with extra10) that I would like to put a 1999 xcr 440 suspention into. I tried already and fouund that the scissors dont line up with the tunnel bolt holes. I assume that I have to move the bolt holes. Has anyone done this? If so do you know what the measurements are from the drive shaft to the bolt holes? I have read that the 1999 suspention will work much better for agressive trail ridding. Another thing is the rear shock has a large coil spring on it and their are no torsion springs. Is this normal? Any help will be apreciated.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have a 1995 xcr 440sp(with extra10) that I would like to put a 1999 xcr 440 suspention into. I tried already and fouund that the scissors dont line up with the tunnel bolt holes. I assume that I have to move the bolt holes. Has anyone done this? If so do you know what the measurements are from the drive shaft to the bolt holes? I have read that the 1999 suspention will work much better for agressive trail ridding. Another thing is the rear shock has a large coil spring on it and their are no torsion springs. Is this normal? Any help will be apreciated.[/b]
Your 1999 suspension is an edge sno cross suspension. It was kinda like a prototype because shortly there after that suspension switched back to torsion springs. You need to visit JB shocks on this site or his website and get the dimensions for an Xtra 10 to edge swap (basically this gives you the mounting point measurements for an edge) and fab up some new mounting plates to rivet to your tunnel. I am doing this job this weekend/nest week on a 200 xc sp 600.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts