Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This sled has over 10000 miles on it and it still has great compression and is fast as Hell. I think it is speed wise compareable to the new stuff. Anyone else have any experience with one of these. I just had to replace over 20 rivest in the bulk head, completely redo rear Xtra-10 suspension with a new 1" track and 144 1.25 picks. All new chaincase bearings and seals. Its about ready to go and I know the guy that had it and it was rode hard and drag raced alot. I cant believe this sled is still alive. With that being said I wouldn't give up the new chassis but this sled was defineately a winner for its time.

THINK SNOW!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,060 Posts
My dad had one, a very tempermental sled it was. We replaced the wiring harness (once) and the cdi box (twice). The fuel pump took a dump to. The new one was tempermental as well. You would have to turn the key, wait for it to click and kick the pump on then start it. Sometimes it would work all day no problem, other times it would not start for no reason. Usually when you were about 50 miles from home it decided to not start. It used to like to eat plugs to. It was a blast to ride though (when it was working), you could hit the throttle and the skis would come off the ground. It was blue with a white nose clip. Sounded mad as hell coming down the trail, memories. lol

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah the sound is awesome the best sounding sled I've ever heard. This one acted like that once but rebuilding the clutches and finding the fuel adjustment helped it out alot. The fact that this thing adjusts to temperature and elevation it is always running spot on and the plugs and compression show it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts