Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 92 Indy Lite and some day it may need a new track, it has that oddball 2" pitch track, they are no longer available.

Any one out there ever try or find any thing?

Thanks

·
Registered
709 Posts
All I can say is good luck
We rode ours til the track literally fell off. The machine still runs great but has been put to rest because of the non-existence of replacement tracks :dunno:

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmmm... might have to look into that one

·
Registered
709 Posts
You should not have a problem finding a track if it is a 92. Ours is a 91 and that was the year they had the bastard track. It is 116 inches that was the year they used the direct drive.

Paul

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by rededgex800@Oct 19 2005, 03:04 PM
You should not have a problem finding a track if it is a 92. Ours is a 91 and that was the year they had the bastard track. It is 116 inches that was the year they used the direct drive.

Paul
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=940819
[/quote]

That be the one bob

·
Registered
6 Posts
Good evening ....
To your track question ..... both the 91 and 92 lite's ran 116's, after that it was 121.
The easiest and probably only workable fix at this point is to put an older Polaris cutlass track in ....
It runs the same direct drive cogs (which are also not avail anymore) but the good news is that Polaris somehow still offers this track believe it or not last time I checked
The only catch is that you will have to move the suspension up about as far as it will go and remove the black rail protectors since the Cutlass track is only 108 inches ... typically its for kids and not to go fast so it does provide an alternative to use the machine.
I did some research a few years back and this was about the only workaround
since I did not find any aftermarket tracks ... I helped a couple of fellows locally here with this and do the mods and they are still running to this day ... good luck ...
I hope this helps ....

·
Premium Member
MY21 650 SBA 146, ES, ICE Storm 1.5
6,145 Posts
If you think you might find them in a swap meet or a Polaris dealer's dusty shelves. Here are the part numbers for the 91 IndyLite track

Good Luck.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
my buddy is fixing a indy lite for his buddy and the moter is locked up tite
will not move ill have to check on the yr but i know is has the direct drive cogs and i think he goin to find out tomorrow if its going to get parted out
were looking for a moter so if any of you guys have a moter that your lookin to get rid of let me know ASAP

and ill find out if its gettin parted out if it is thats to bad cus the thing is like mint

later

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:Wow1: thanks :div20: all

1 - 12 of 12 Posts