Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased one, does it have to be balanced because billet? It shows threaded balance holes but did not come with any weights, is there someone that balances clutches and has what weights needed to screw in. I didnt call thunder products yet. I would hope the piece is balanced??

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Yes balance despite what thunder says. Patrick Custom Carbon is top notch. $75 drive or driven plus shipping of course.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
If you are running stock team driven it should be done as well. They are often way out. Inquire with Patrick. They provide a data sheet with before and after balance ratings in lbs. Nice people to work with.

·
Registered
470 Posts
If you are running stock team driven it should be done as well. They are often way out. Inquire with Patrick. They provide a data sheet with before and after balance ratings in lbs. Nice people to work with.
Not saying stock Team clutches can't be off but I had both mine balanced and both were very close stock. The amount of change during balance was pretty insignificant (like less than 1/2 gram).

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you, I would think it can’t be much being a machined Cover, Casting is different.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Not saying stock Team clutches can't be off but I had both mine balanced and both were very close stock. The amount of change during balance was pretty insignificant (like less than 1/2 gram).
Stock cover or with an after market cover installed??? It creates confusion to just say stock clutches and not indicate if an aftermarket product has been installed on either. Installing parts to the primary clutch in this case, that were not on it when factory balanced can create change to the balance. To just say or assume its close is a risk not worth taking IMO. I think Patrick is a very reliable source for accurate information on this issue based on his connections to the auto racing world. And not all balancing machines are created equal.

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I’ll give him a call, thanks tried to download clutch sheet from website, wouldn’t come up.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Stock cover or with an after market cover installed??? It creates confusion to just say stock clutches and not indicate if an aftermarket product has been installed on either. Installing parts to the primary clutch in this case, that were not on it when factory balanced can create change to the balance. To just say or assume its close is a risk not worth taking IMO. I think Patrick is a very reliable source for accurate information on this issue based on his connections to the auto racing world. And not all balancing machines are created equal.
Completely stock Team clutches, no aftermarket parts. Had both balanced and both were found to be very close as delivered on the machine. Yes, I've also heard other guys say they've found their Team clutches were off quite a bit. I'm just relating my specific findings.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts