Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a wedge chassis indy 500 fan. The belt sits way high on the secondary and I'm wondering how to adjust it. It's not like my 98 indy, where there is three bolts and numbers. Instead there is only one bolt. I'm wondering if all I need to do is Losten this bolt and rotate the sheaves. Let me know. And help appreciated
Thanks

·
Premium Member
18,799 Posts
I just picked up a wedge chassis indy 500 fan. The belt sits way high on the secondary and I'm wondering how to adjust it. It's not like my 98 indy, where there is three bolts and numbers. Instead there is only one bolt. I'm wondering if all I need to do is Losten this bolt and rotate the sheaves. Let me know. And help appreciated
Thanks
Make sure you're using the correct belt for the sled. Those early secondaries used washers located between the sheaves of the secondary to add/subtract width. This requires removing the secondary from the jackshaft and using special snap ring pliers to remove the helix and separate the sheaves. Then reassemble helix and spring so it pretensions the sheaves at least 1/4 turn. Not a job for a beginner.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts