Hardcore Sledder banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
$600 for the reflash. Had a chance to put some miles on it now. With the reflash it still has 90hp in “standard” mode but 110hp in “sport” mode. It is very noticeable. It has the full Cudney clutch kit on it. In my opinion, this is the way it should have come from the factory. It’s very quick 0-70 or so. Pulls strongly. I don’t know what it’s done to the fuel mileage yet but I’m guessing it didn’t get better. This this will be a really nice trail sled.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
$600 for the reflash. Had a chance to put some miles on it now. With the reflash it still has 90hp in “standard” mode but 110hp in “sport” mode. It is very noticeable. It has the full Cudney clutch kit on it. In my opinion, this is the way it should have come from the factory. It’s very quick 0-70 or so. Pulls strongly. I don’t know what it’s done to the fuel mileage yet but I’m guessing it didn’t get better. This this will be a really nice trail sled.
Who did the reflash?

·
Registered
481 Posts
You have to do alot more than a flash to get 110 H.P., flash is only worth 4/5 H.P. Max. To get 111+ H.P. requires;

Flash
Header
Modified Muffler
Modified Air Box
One heat range colder plugs

Mine has been dynoed and is 111+ H.P. runs 8100 RPM w/E-Drive 2 Primary Clutch, 95MPH GPS. Accelerates hard to 80MPH.

Check out my build thread

http://https://www.dootalk.com/forums/topic/1435138-2016-blizzard-900-ace-build-tune/

If you paid $600.00 for a flash, thats alot of money. Boost Engineering (Canada) $400.00 w/Plugs after exchange rate.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
You didn't mention strength, if she's up for it you could also look at a 1200, good back up for you and reliable. Keep a few spare relays and a coil wire in your pack and you should be good to go.

With the advent of the 900 Turbo the 1200 was discontinued

·
Registered
481 Posts
A guy in northern, MN has the software package to do it
I do not remember the company, but they claim 110H.P. flash, but if you read their fine print very carefully, you will discover, that this is with a watercraft using E85 Gasoline. You will not get a sled to start in the cold with E85 in the winter. Ask the guy that flashed your sled who the company is and please follow up.

Flash will make a 4 to 5 H.P. Difference, but the big difference you are noticing is the clutching, its raised the rpm to 7900/8000 and that will net you 8 H.P. alone. You will notice another big gain with muffler mod, air box mod and header.

Bob

·
Registered
111 Posts
VTech. Claimed 109hp. With the full Cudney clutch kit and the reflash, the sled is significantly quicker/faster. It just feels much more stout. I don’t have access to a dyno and in reality couldn’t tell you if it’s 8,14, or 20hp but I can say the difference is significant. A friend has a stock 900 and this one dusts it every time. I don’t care about ultimate hp at the end of the day, I just care about the overall feel. This much I do know, this has a much better chance of hanging with the 600’s with the exception of top end. I believe the 600’s still have it there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
We found a number of 900 Ace sled with over 10,000 miles without rebuild, and one with nearly 15,000. They are replacing other drive train components but the engines are holding up.

90 hp seems conservative: found a dyno test yielding 97 hp.

·
Registered
481 Posts
We found a number of 900 Ace sled with over 10,000 miles without rebuild, and one with nearly 15,000. They are replacing other drive train components but the engines are holding up.

90 hp seems conservative: found a dyno test yielding 97 hp.
Yes 97/98 H.P. stock, when spun 7800/7900 rpm.

Bob

·
Registered
481 Posts
VTech. Claimed 109hp. With the full Cudney clutch kit and the reflash, the sled is significantly quicker/faster. It just feels much more stout. I don’t have access to a dyno and in reality couldn’t tell you if it’s 8,14, or 20hp but I can say the difference is significant. A friend has a stock 900 and this one dusts it every time. I don’t care about ultimate hp at the end of the day, I just care about the overall feel. This much I do know, this has a much better chance of hanging with the 600’s with the exception of top end. I believe the 600’s still have it there.
I am sure it does run much better, raising the Rpm's does wonders for the little 900 Ace. It makes a totally different animal. Check my thread out on Doo Talk, lots of mods you can do for additional H.P. and Torque.

https://www.dootalk.com/forums/topic/1435138-2016-blizzard-900-ace-build-tune/

Bob

21 - 31 of 31 Posts