Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I clutched my sled and now seem to only hit about 7600 RPM's. The recorded max RPM's on the guage says 8050. I'm just wondering if anyone knows what RPM the sled will run the best at? I can still pull 103 MPH, but it gets there pretty damn quick. If I remember correctly the 900 peaks hp at about 7400 RPM anyway, so I don't think I'm really losing anything? What kind of top ends are you guys getting? :dunno:

·
Banned
8,931 Posts
05' 900 (I'm at 7500-7600rpm supposedly too high :dunno: ) with a whopping 210 miles on it. DOH !
112-114mph in very favorable fast conditions. (that's all I had last year - ie: very little snow)
100% bone stock other than 144 studs/shaper bars/my pudgy 225lbs

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
the stock 06 900 peaks at about 7600. it peaks a little higher than the 05. due to different porting flyweel etc.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
:no_bashing:[/b]
just remember i wouldnt trust the recall on rpms due to track spin on takeoff. for rpms it is better to set the tach to digital and visualy watch it on a long run.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Everybody is giving reports of about 120 mph, I can't get past 103. Not that I really care, I prefer to feel the power in the low to mid range. But being able to do 120 would be nice. Just can't figure out how to get there

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Everybody is giving reports of about 120 mph, I can't get past 103. Not that I really care, I prefer to feel the power in the low to mid range. But being able to do 120 would be nice. Just can't figure out how to get there[/b]

Loosen up the track, make sure the tps is set correctly, keep the stock gearing, Make sure your oil pump cable is not broken. And do the clutching we have been discussing for 2 months now! everything you need to know has been discussed in the last 2 weeks on the 900 forum

I had a sled that couldn't break 85 MPH, I know how you feel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.