Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tuned their 900T? If so who did you use? My buddy wants to get a little more power out of his 900T. Not trying to make it a race sled, but he's a bigger guy, and he can't keep up with my Cat and our other buddies' Sidewinders.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Has anyone tuned their 900T? If so who did you use? My buddy wants to get a little more power out of his 900T. Not trying to make it a race sled, but he's a bigger guy, and he can't keep up with my Cat and our other buddies' Sidewinders.
Peruse this, Hurricane seems to be the go to for tunes.

https://www.dootalk.com/forums/forum/1041-rev-gen-4-wide-body-4-stroke-turbo/

C&T is a great company to deal with, Give chris an email, hes good about replying
C&T Powersports - 900 ACE TURBO

·
Premium Member
33,218 Posts
have him give me a call, we can definitely help get him as much power as he wants

·
Registered
163 Posts
Stock injectors are done at 185 real horsepower which will put the ace right beside a stock winder. Need injectors and bigger turbo to get much more.

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
My Enduro has a Hurricane 195 tune, Dalton adjustable weights and a Dalton secondary spring. What do you want to know? How to help your buddy wrap around your Winder in a straight line, heads up 1/4 mile? If your Winder is tuned to the max, he probably can't.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My Enduro has a Hurricane 195 tune, Dalton adjustable weights and a Dalton secondary spring. What do you want to know? How to help your buddy wrap around your Winder in a straight line, heads up 1/4 mile? If your Winder is tuned to the max, he probably can't.

He’s never going to touch my 9000. I have pretty much thrown the TD catalogue at it. I just purchased and STM secondary, and installed a big wheel kit. But the ‘winders in the group are stock or close to. He just wants a little more power so he’s capable of keeping up with the group when we’re out on the lake. He’s a 300+ pound dude. He loves his Enduro ride. I think he would be happy with close to 200hp. He already has an exhaust on it. I don’t think he will want to get into replacing injectors and the turbo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think the Doo ACE Turbo with a 190 Reflash would be a very nice ride.

After riding his sled I have to say the air ride is nice. It handles great, I really just love the Gen 4 chassis in general. I wish Doo with up the factory power libels by 30-40 hp. Make it competitive with the other turbo four strokes. If they did, I would own one...

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
After riding his sled I have to say the air ride is nice. It handles great, I really just love the Gen 4 chassis in general. I wish Doo with up the factory power libels by 30-40 hp. Make it competitive with the other turbo four strokes. If they did, I would own one...

Well the 195hp tune by Hurricane is pretty cheap and easy if you want that. I'm happy with mine. Just have to accept the loss of the warranty but this sled seems as trouble free as they come.

I love the air ride but I am skeptical it will stand the test of time.

·
Registered
370 Posts

So is the 50 lbs lighter Enduro noticeably better in handling or close to the procross?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So is the 50 lbs lighter Enduro noticeably better in handling or close to the procross?

I’d say it’s a toss up, in the twisters the Doo shines, but my Cat is dialed in for me. It handles quite well.. I never rode my sled in stock form. I changed the suspension and skis from day 1. I think my Cat feels more stable at high speed and is better off trail.

·
Registered
161 Posts
What kind of pipe is he running with no tune? Put a Sandale on mine with a Hurricane 195, quite impressed with it coming off 2 XS 1200's

·
Registered
483 Posts
Many switching from Yamacat back to Doo for Durability and Reliability.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Many switching from Yamacat back to Doo for Durability and Reliability.

I may just turn my 9000 into a lake racer only. And get a Doo, I have never owned one before. I have owned everything else though...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts