Hardcore Sledder banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
The renegade adrenaline comes with the 900 . I run the 2012 renegade 800 etec and love the ride. May trade my second sled 600 ho SDI up to the 900 ace renegade.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
So I just got done with another demo of the 900 tnt this time on a nicely groomed trail , I groomed it at 3 am this morning LOL . This motor is awsome to me . 94 mph on gps , crazy quiet and r-motion is a fantastic ride even in a short track . It has a 1 1/4 ripsaw on it and should grab even better on a renegade . oil changes are as easy as it is on the 600 and 1200 . anyone thinking of a new 600 carb or etec should really try this before you put your money down

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Skidont, how many miles on the demo sled, and was the 94mph all you could get out of it?

We have a dealer 4 hours away that is to have a demo on Saturday, if only it was closer!

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
The 94 was all it had . we have put on about 400 miles in the 3 days we have had it . exskier , there was 4 mph difference between the shorty 1200 (103)and the renegade 1200 (99)so we figure a renegade 900 may just barely hit 90 but then again no one there cared how fast it was going to be . what mattered was some quit riding because of bad backs and 1 of them put 140 miles on it yesterday . they are all buying this sled in a renegade now , SKI-DOO

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
The 94 was all it had . we have put on about 400 miles in the 3 days we have had it . exskier , there was 4 mph difference between the shorty 1200 (103)and the renegade 1200 (99)so we figure a renegade 900 may just barely hit 90 but then again no one there cared how fast it was going to be . what mattered was some quit riding because of bad backs and 1 of them put 140 miles on it yesterday . they are all buying this sled in a renegade now , SKI-DOO
That is impressive for 90hp. Does it feel a lot lighter than a tnt 1200? If that is capable of 94mph then i am sure the future 1200 ace can do well over 100mph :)

·
Registered
439 Posts
I owned a 2010--1200ReneX now a 2012 Cat 1100 SnoPro Turbo with a 136" Ripsaw II ---which I plan to sell and will be buying the Adrenelin 900 this year. I think if you are purchasing a sled based on how fast the top-end is buy the Cat Turbo----nothing like it!!! but I finally realized that ride is more importnt than top speed as long as you have torque from 0 to 60, so my decision is to buy new 900 based on what I have read so far. Anyone who wants real top end PM me.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I owned a 2010--1200ReneX now a 2012 Cat 1100 SnoPro Turbo with a 136" Ripsaw II ---which I plan to sell and will be buying the Adrenelin 900 this year. I think if you are purchasing a sled based on how fast the top-end is buy the Cat Turbo----nothing like it!!! but I finally realized that ride is more importnt than top speed as long as you have torque from 0 to 60, so my decision is to buy new 900 based on what I have read so far. Anyone who wants real top end PM me.
I agree. I'm in the same boat. I have a 1100T that I plan on selling too. I want a fun sled from 0-60 in the tight trails I ride. It took me two years to let go of my ego and I'm ready to get the Gade 900.:bc2:

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
Skidont said, "anyone thinking of a new 600 carb or etec should really try this before you put your money down"

When I saw that Skidont, I thought of my Vector(eps)

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Skidont said, "anyone thinking of a new 600 carb or etec should really try this before you put your money down"

When I saw that Skidont, I thought of my Vector(eps)
Ronder , I think you have a very nice sled for the way , how and where you and I ride , I would be on a new yamaha vector if there was no more ski-doo . I ordered my 900 renegade yesterday

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
We ordered 2 900 Gades..For trail riding this should be alot of fun, with the 25 lbs.less weight than the 1200's..

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I can say that it is IMO, THE quietest sled at speed and idle .. hands down..

Its one of those situations when descriptions and specs wont sell this sled..a demo ride will.
X2

Here's the SnowTech editor's review...

SnowTech magazine editor Kevin Bielke has put more than 1,600 miles/2 575 km on a prototype 2014 Renegade model powered by our new Rotax ACE 900 engine with iTC (intelligent Throttle Control). He sent us this e-mail to communicate his impressions of the sled so far:
BRP,
My favorite sled – whatever it is — has the rMotion rear suspension. That is the best, no contest. I thought it was our E-TEC 800R Renegade X, or maybe the E-TEC 600 H.O. MX Z X, but we just got a 2014 prototype Renegade ACE 900 4-stroke. This sled is amazing. On paper it says it has only 90 HP, but on the snow it pulls great with a wide torque band and it is so smooth, so tractable, so quiet, easy to ride, and gets like 20+ MPG. It is the first 4-stroke that isn’t nose heavy. It just blows my mind at how good it runs, and is actually a very fast sled up to 80 mph. It pulls hard out of the corners but doesn’t spin the track.
You hear more track noise than the engine – you would swear it is an electric snowmobile.
Everyone that rides it says it is the Lexus of snowmobiles. It just plain works. Puts all other 4-strokes to shame. Only the 600 & 800 E-TECs are even close, or a 1200 4-TEC. Or maybe the 600 ACE, but that just doesn’t have quite enough power. The 900 does. Forget HP, it is all about the torque. This is usable power, even in two feet of fresh lake effect snow, it goes and goes. You will not believe what this sled is capable of.
Best sled we have ever had, if I dare make that claim. I must be nuts, but it is that impressive. The ride quality from the 2014 rMotion is unmatched, rough trails are a total non-issue. Got the sled last Wednesday and we already have 1,600 miles on it. And it burns 87 octane fuel – that’s 50 cents a gallon less than premium right now. This sled will change the way you think of 4-strokes, and will change the way you think a snowmobile should be.
Ski-Doo has just changed the rules, yet again.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts