Hardcore Sledder banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Looks like the performance is good on these sleds . How easy is the throttle to push ?
I'm thinking the reliablity will be great.
Been a long time Polaris gut but rally like some of the ski doo platforms

Sent from Snowmobile.com Free App

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Its way to easy..Playing with it constantly..No cruzing as this sled is just so much fun to ride..No matter how much we praise the 900...you have to ride one...

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Looks like the performance is good on these sleds . How easy is the throttle to push ?
I'm thinking the reliablity will be great.
Been a long time Polaris gut but rally like some of the ski doo platforms

Sent from Snowmobile.com Free App

Light throttle pressure, had several Polaris sleds previously and the 900 is proving to be my favorite, rides & handles well.

Get a chance to ride one, Doo it!!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have done the first oil change at 450 Miles, also had the dealer check it over and change it from Miles to KM, I now have 1500 KM on it and it is working great, Ech mode max 70 KM Sport mode 153 km max last tank of gas was 21.34 MPG. this was driving with 4 other sleds with max speed that day of about 110 KM. This is a great sled and I am constantly changing modes depending how I feel and what the trails are like. Yesterday we ran a lake for 60 km at about 110 to 150km per Hour without stopping. My buddy with his 2 stroke was nervice about running his so long at that speed.
LOVE THIS SLED

·
Registered
403 Posts
This sled really has my curiosity, I need to find someone with one or a dealer ride day to try it out. I love the pull of my 800 but hate constantly worrying when the bottom end will crap out or something topside melts down. Full throttle is rarely used around here.

What is the weight like on these? Similar to a 2 stroke? No oil, no stink, no noise. Got me thinking.

·
Registered
408 Posts
This sled really has my curiosity, I need to find someone with one or a dealer ride day to try it out. I love the pull of my 800 but hate constantly worrying when the bottom end will crap out or something topside melts down. Full throttle is rarely used around here.

What is the weight like on these? Similar to a 2 stroke? No oil, no stink, no noise. Got me thinking.
Ditto

·
Registered
220 Posts
Yep. I have heard enough good comments about the 900 ACE to pull the trigger on 2 sleds. One for me and one for the Ms.

I had an Arctic Cat 660 4 stroke, 3 seasons ago. I liked the fuel economy and reliability. It seemed pretty quick for a guy just starting snowmobiling... but it was too heavy. Had trouble climbing sidehills and if it got stuck... there goes my back.

IMO, with the 900 ACE in the Renegade, my chances of getting stuck in the fluff go down dramatically. The 900 ACE is more than 30 hp more than the AC 660 and like 60 lbs lighter.

Given all that I have read, I think that Ski Doo hit a home run on this engine.

Peace brotha's.

·
Premium Member
921 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
I had to rent a 900 last year due to a breakdown and I was surprised to say the least the way it handled. This is a sled from a rental joint with no real set up I'm sure, and the ride to Copper Harbor and back was effortless, smooth, warm and quiet. I could hear the track squeak over the motor. Had to keep it pinned most of the time so not to lose momentum. Flat out for a 10 mile railway stretch reached 88mph and was all she'd do. I was either going to get 89 or blow it up. Neither one happened. Great sled.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on 2 Renegade 900's.

Pretty excited about it.

Probably going to have to change my username. I sold my Polaris today.

·
Registered
280 Posts
The last several years I would hang my snowmobile clothes in our laundry room and turn up the heat in the room to cook off the Volatile Organic Compounds (to get rid of the smell)

Not anymore!!!

Sent from Snowmobile.com App

21 - 40 of 50 Posts