Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Not many KMS on so far, but they are getting faster each day..0-100kms or (60mph) is very Good..Lots of low end torque..After that they are no rockets for sure..Feel light as a 2 stroke, the XS chassis is Very warm even @ -30..Ride is excellent, no groomed trails so far..Mileage has been 18-21 mpg (CND)..Super quiet and smooth..

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not many KMS on so far, but they are getting faster each day..0-100kms or (60mph) is very Good..Lots of low end torque..After that they are no rockets for sure..Feel light as a 2 stroke, the XS chassis is Very warm even @ -30..Ride is excellent, no groomed trails so far..Mileage has been 18-21 mpg (CND)..Super quiet and smooth..
Right on thank you!:bc:

·
Registered
328 Posts
Just curious on the performance of the 900 ace?:fluffy:
Just got back from Canada with my 900 renagade. And I love it.
Pulls hard to 80 mph and that's it. All you can hear is track noise it's that quite.
400 miles so far. If you need to go 100 mph don't buy this engine. If you want great fuel economy and can live with 80 it's a slam dunk. Have not figured mileage yet.:fistpump2:

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Has anyone ran a 900 Renegade with a 900 short-track to see what the difference is in top end?

·
Registered
372 Posts
To each his own but would a 3-5 mph top end between the two make a whole lot of difference? For that matter, why would you buy a 900 if you are looking for top end? 99.999% of most riding is done below top end. Perhaps a turbo 1200 should be in your garage...

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
To each his own but would a 3-5 mph top end between the two make a whole lot of difference? For that matter, why would you buy a 900 if you are looking for top end? 99.999% of most riding is done below top end. Perhaps a turbo 1200 should be in your garage...
Was the above statement directed towards me rocksnap? If so, I was just curious in the difference. I have a 900 GSX and for where I ride, it works well, no need for a 'gade.

·
Registered
372 Posts
A little bit, in a good way. A shortie will always be just a lil faster than a long track, that is a given. I for one don't care about a super hi top end and would be totally content on a 900. Like I said, most riding is done well below a sleds top end. I had an 05' 500ss GSX that started life as a shortie but I made it into a 136". Rode it for 10,000 miles and loved it. Just bought a new to me 09' 1200 shortie. Every now and then I will open her up to upper end speeds but a vast majority of my riding is at the same speeds I was doing on my 500ss. I just get there quite a bit quicker now. To buy a sled today I would get a 900. Long or short I would have to flip a coin. I hear the shortie 900 RMotion rides better then the Gade. But the Gade I'm sure still rides awesome...

·
Registered
230 Posts
I've been wondering how a renegade ace 900 performs in the powder? I am looking into buying a new sled maybe next winter or the winter after but around here the groomers don't get out very often so we always have a lot of powder

Sent from Snowmobile.com App

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Have been marking trails for the last 150 kms..pulling a sleigh with trail markers..Pulls the sleigh easily in Eco mode..No spinning of track to get started, just pulls away like a auto trans..Amazing..No belt burn, or squeal, like the clubs Indy 600 wide track..

·
Registered
337 Posts
Only 200 miles on my Renegade. Like the engine and ride, but I wouldn't call it warm. I have the 18" windshield and it is a much colder sled than my old arctic cat. There is an ultra high windshield available, but it is so high that I would be looking through it rather than over it. If I can find a windshield about as high as the 18" that is wider I would add it.

Nothing to do with the 900 engine, but I don't like the gages. Speedo goes to 200 mph, which means you never use over half of it and the numbers are too small. had to spend and extra $150 to add the engine temp function to the gages. Temp function is standard on Polaris. Are you listening ski doo?

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Multi-function gauge on the GSX is nice, has temp gauge and digital readout in the center, between the analog speedo & tach-may be a nice upgrade, but $$.

·
Registered
328 Posts
:buttrock:
Just curious on the performance of the 900 ace?:fluffy:
So I ordered a 900 ace renagade without riding one. First ride was to canada.
Put 400 mikes in 2 1/2 days. To be honest the 1st tank milage was not great and the performance was ok at best. 80 was all I could get out of it. The drive by wire thing is a new experiance and takes some getting used to. I found myself thinking back to my 1st ride on a rev chassis. I didnt like it much. It was too much change too fast. But after I rode my rev and now my 900 ace I can say I would never go back. After over 500 miles on the ace I am seeing 21 mpg and top end over 90 mph. Sled pulls as hard or harder than a 600 e-tec. (to 70)
It is so smooth and quite I can just rock out with my ipod and hear the track howl. Once again ski doo thinks outside of the box and will be rewarded for it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
470 miles on mine now, way better gas milage now, then the first tank, still haven't held it open for very long but have had it going about 85 MPH. I love pulling into the gas station and waiting on the side while all my buddies gas up, haha Most of my riding is now done in standard mode on the trails, but it is nice to put it into sport mode once in a while and come aboard it. nice

1 - 20 of 50 Posts