Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at making some gearing changes on my 04 STD F7. I am contemplating the switch to the 10 tooth drivers as well as the 22-41 gearing...is that going to be too high? Is it a reliable solution? Will it cause the 1.35studs on a 1" track to hit? Does it affect the skid frame at all?

I look at the AC race manual and it has a chart that gives you expected top end and the 04 gearing(24-39) is only rated for 105.6mph and the 03 is rated at 115+ both at 8,000rpms...is this why the 04 has so much less top end???

·
Registered
214 Posts
That chart you are looking at is based on the use of a 9 tooth driver. In addition if I recall you also have to multiply the result by 1.12 for full shift with the overdrive. I could be wrong on the x 1.12 but the chart is based n 9 tooth so you are not comparing correctly. Personaly I like useing 9 tooth driver much better, and wouldn't change them.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The chart is for both 10 tooth and 9tooth, I used both charts to figure out the top end.

Why do you pefer the 9 tooth driver?

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
I would also like to know why you prefer 9's over 10's.

to me, the larger diameter 10's would be better. larger radius for track to go around , similar to putting larger wheels on rear.

that is with ''final'' gear ratio being the same

1 - 4 of 4 Posts