Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just spoke to my dealer. Apparently all '04 F-Cats have new 9 tooth drivers like '03 440. Apparently new rails like 440 as well(They upturn sooner meaning less track on ground). This makes track angle steeper and allows sled to pivot quicker. Hopefully they dropped the rear by 2.5" as well like 440. Dealer is checking along with availability of Cross-link. The '04's are sounding better and better! I think I may have to switch if all this is true. '03 is awesome, but is a touch slow on turn in due to the longer track. These changes should make it pivot better.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by morrisond@Mar 3 2003, 09:25 AM
Just spoke to my dealer. Apparently all '04 F-Cats have new 9 tooth drivers like '03 440. Apparently new rails like 440 as well(They upturn sooner meaning less track on ground). This makes track angle steeper and allows sled to pivot quicker. Hopefully they dropped the rear by 2.5" as well like 440. Dealer is checking along with availability of Cross-link. The '04's are sounding better and better! I think I may have to switch if all this is true. '03 is awesome, but is a touch slow on turn in due to the longer track. These changes should make it pivot better.
steeper track angle will hurt deep snow performance, as will less track on the ground.
I'm not at all sure that's a good thing.. I may just keep my 03.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rob,

I thought you were mainly a trail rider? This would be an advantage for you wouldn't it, turn in would improve. The less obvious advantage of this is that with the combination of the 9 tooth drivers, if they drop the suspension in the tunnel, there is a lot more clearance which means that an 1.5" track from the '04 Pro with studs will fit which would work incredibly well in the deep stuff!

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It will be easy to switch back to 10 tooth if that's what is most important to you as there is tons of room in there, 10 tooth drivers are only about $40 U.S..

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
A very good move by Cat. I rode a "03 440 with the 9 tooth driver. The sled turns like a sled should. Far better than the trail sled. It'll cut top speed. The returns are cut and pivot handling. This change will get it to handle almost as sharp as a ProX. :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
I spoke with a couple of racers. They used the new rear suspension brackets for the 03 sno pro on the 02. They said it improved the handling. Has anyone tried this on an F7?

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've got the brackets, but you have to drill out about 20 rivets to install them. They only account for 1.25" of the drop(I Measured). The rest comes from a longer rear suspension arm.

T

·
0 Posts
If 10 tooth drivers gives you more seed in drag racing,than a 21/42 gear would give you more speed than a 20/39, it would put more hp to the track because off the bigger gear with less rolling resistance,they have the same reduction...would that be right. :wacko:

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Haven't installed them yet. Just waiting to see if i'm going to get an '04 first instead of doing all the work. It got them firect from my dealer, they are the brackets off the 03 440 you can look it up at Browns Leisure World.

·
Premium Member
4,428 Posts
Originally posted by actionfigurejoe@Mar 3 2003, 11:25 AM
A very good move by Cat. I rode a "03 440 with the 9 tooth driver. The sled turns like a sled should. Far better than the trail sled. It'll cut top speed. The returns are cut and pivot handling. This change will get it to handle almost as sharp as a ProX. :lol: :lol: :lol:
How does the driver size affect handling (trails)???????????

·
Registered
66 Posts
Make sure that if you guys are putting on the bracket that lowers the rear suspension, that you get the bracket to reinforce the bracket :). They bent on my snopro after only 1 race or so, then Cat sent out the reinforcement. Also, the front suspension mount is lowered .75" I believe.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I brought this up in Jan. when I went threw a pair of hyfax in 495 miles. Second set 600 miles with perfect snow in the U.P. of Michigan. I believe it's for more life in hyfax and more adjustment in front limiter straps, along with handling concerns also. Plus it's a cost savings for A.C.

·
Premium Member
10,637 Posts
Actually the biggest reason for the change was that the 10 toothers can hit stuff easier. They have had a few bend etc.. so with the 9's they tuck up nice.

·
Registered
773 Posts
So could I put 9 tooth drivers & the front/rear skid arms off of the 03 Sno Pro on my 02 Sno Pro without changing anything else.Would I be able to get correct track tension?Alsl from what I can tell the arms are what lowered the skid not the tunnel.Correct me if I am wrong as I really like the handling of the 03.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts